*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1297105-Angry-at-JK-Rowling
Rated: E · Other · Opinion · #1297105
Feeling let down by the ending of the Deathly Hallows?
Angry at the ending of tDH? I don't blame you.
Confused by the inconsistency and general nonsense? Of course you are.
Feeling hurt that J.K. could let you down like this? You, who have been so faithful over the past 10 years? You, who waited so long and left work early so you could buy the book at midnight - for THIS?

THERE IS ANOTHER WAY!!!

We propose that J.K. Rowling no longer sees the full story of Harry Potter. We all know there was something more than what she wrote all along, or she wouldn't have been so dismissive of the Hufflepuffs, but now she's gone so far off that she didn't even see the ending, despite it being the only logical conclusion, and Harry didn't even have to die! The story has had to find another way.

We all know by now that Harry allows Voldemort to perform the killing curse on him, resulting, for reasons Rowling leaves unclear, in Voldemort's soul leaving his own, and his life being saved. As Rowling's version of events is so unsatisfactory, we believe that the true reason for this was that the Elder Wand refused to work against Harry, its true master. This would also explain why the Cruciatus curse had no affect on him, something Rowling leaves entirely unresolved.

Had J.K. Rowling realised this, it would have allowed us a twist, as Harry is as confused as the rest of us until he realises the simple truth. We would have kicked ourselves when he did. It would have been almost perfect.

There is still hope. We believe that this is the true ending, and reject Rowling's confused, nonsensical version of things. We fans deserve better.

Please e-mail for more information.
© Copyright 2007 hitchhiker42 (hitchhiker42 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1297105-Angry-at-JK-Rowling