*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1297419-Safe-Harbor---Chapter-2
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: XGC · Novella · Adult · #1297419
second chapter of unfinished work of erotica
Chapter 2

The night's shroud has fallen over the island. The wind, which blew her plaintiff moans upon the waves, has now grown to a fierce intensity. Perhaps Don was right and there was a storm brewing at sea, not yet finding land.

She steps out onto the deck, and shivers; not from the cool winds which whip her newly donned sundress, but from something she cannot see. Something felt was coming.

A gentle misting rain mixes with the wind. The moon, playing hide and seek with the clouds, only gives glimpses of the foaming waves which lap the beach. As she turns to go inside, a faint flicker catches her eye. There! Again, an ember, a tiny spark on the beach below.

The clouds hide the moon, draping the beach in darkness. Straining, eyes dilating to catch any light she moves closer to the wooden railing. There again! A spark glowing in the darkness, then fading and played with momentarily in the wind.

"Is someone there?", she barely whispers into the wind.

Nothing. Then a sudden arc of embers floats toward the shore line and is gone in the waves. Closer she steps, leaning against
the railing. She moves a wisp of hair from her eyes as the wind increases it intensity.

"Answer me!", she asks almost pleadingly. "Is someone there?!"

In a powerful gust the moon escapes its shroud, bathing the beach in blue light. There, from where the embers flew, she saw the unmistakable form of a man. Blond, tailored hair, his gleaming white shirt billows in the moonlight against the gusts, blue jeans trace his trim form.

He stands silently, no movement, and stares up at the cottage.

"Who are you?", she asks imploringly. No answer. No movement.

"Why won't you answer me?", she calls against the crashing waves.

As suddenly as it came, the moon disappears behind the approaching storm then regains it position in the sky with full light. Her eyes refocus against the new light, her throat tightens.

Nothing. There is nothing save the foam left by the surf which relentlessly pounds the shore. No man...no vision...no spark or ember.

"Is it you!"
© Copyright 2007 Galen Dane (galendane at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1297419-Safe-Harbor---Chapter-2