*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1297815-Secret-Lover
by Portal
Rated: E · Poetry · Experience · #1297815
Mine to keep
Blues eyes gleaming, one look from her and I get their meaning
All her moves get my attention and when she grooves she steals my affection
  She listens to music all day long, when shes moved she’ll write a song.
  When I’m down she makes me sane by making me dance beside her in the rain.

  Oh secret lover, hold me like no other. Picture in my locket, wish I could keep you in my pocket.
  The sky it hates me cause he’ll never know you like I do, I heard the stars are jealous too.

She knows her world, knows it ain’t that old. She knows her spirit, knows she can’t save it with gold. I have only seen angels be so bold.
  When she’s with her mister she becomes a twister, a tiger with no control.
  But she can slow down, make love with her soul.
  My only regret, she is someone the world will never know.

I’ve seen kingdoms fall, their mighty committees and all. But you’ll always be there to run my fingers through your hair.
The moon, he wants you but he won’t get you, you’re something I’ll never share.


© Copyright 2007 Portal (floyd1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1297815-Secret-Lover