*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1298061-The-Emotion-Factor-elements-short-facts
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Other · Other · #1298061
A little info about the elements of the T.E.F world which may be uninformed.
Well, today I think I should explain the elements of 'The Emotion Factor' in a bit more detail. If you don't know, I mentioned the existence of eight elements in the story the prologue and how some people in the story's history wielded their powers. However, unless I do so later, I feel I may not be able to explain how each element actually IS in this world through the actual story line.

To reiterate, the elements that run in this story are fire, water, wind, earth, ice, lightning, light, and shadow.

Before I go into any more depth, I want to state that yes, I am aware that ice is just frozen water. A very technical person would state that and probably burn me. For those who may jump on the light/shadow debate (shadow is just the absents of light, etc.), way ahead of you. Looking deep enough into it, it could technically be considered that. Also remember that the first four; fire, earth, water, and wind, are based off what the old world thought were the worldly elements that ran the earth. remember, this story is FICTIONAL.

OK, now that that's out of the way, let's do this.

NOTE: Most of the element descriptions and their purposes are based to the best of my knowledge on what people see them as. I WILL except editing advice if need be or additions.

Fire: This could be seen as destruction for some or beneficial for others (based on the circumstances). Fire, while destructive, could be wielded as a powerful weapon, or assist in one's lifestyle. Some plants in nature actually need fire in some way or form. The way the ancient people in the story wielded this element was through their hands for the most part.



Water: This element is key in any life. Without it, we couldn't survive. Rivers carve out the lands and hold aquatic life. Water, while calm, can also be fierce. the way The ancient people in the story wielded this element was through thoughts and various arm positions based on use. (note: not psychic).



Earth: This element has many uses and properties. Plant life grows on it, you can build with it, gather various minerals from it (metals, rare and common), you get the idea. though we live on it, it could get rough (earthquakes, etc). The way the ancient people in the story wielded this element was through their fists, feet, and torso for versatile means.



Wind: Ok, hard to make a description, but let's go. Wind can carry the seeds of life (plant pollen, seeds) across vast distances. It can also be fierce as well, like strong winds able to topple over a very sturdy object, in whatever way it sees fit (flying objects at fast speeds). The way the ancient people in the story wielded this element was through both arms moving swiftly and in some cases a small dance.



Ice: Hold the debates, please.
Ice, while frozen water, is also valuable in some state or form (snow, the ice caps on earth). It could be very dangerous (icicles, mountain avalanches), or server beneficial uses (igloos, cooling things off, freezing things for a personal use). though it was rare in the world, the way the ancient people in the story wielded this element was primarily through key dances, through various commands or mix of both, based on purpose.



Lightning: It's electricity. What more can I say honestly. Till we can actually harness it without fail, It's dangerous. The way the ancient people in the story wielded this element was concentrating the flow through their bodies and channeling it through their hands and fingers or weapons.



Light: Of the other elements mentioned before for the story, light is not one that the planet Sarmaze naturally had. This power was that of order. It would mainly heal and protect those unable to, and punish those wrong. The way the ancient people in the story wielded this element was through their very will to side with order.



Shadow: Of the other elements mentioned before for the story, shadow is not one that the planet Sarmaze naturally had. This power was that of disorder. It would be mainly used for corruption, healing in unjust ways, and destruction. The way the ancient people in the story wielded this element was through their very will to wield the power of shadows.



The barriers of light and shadow is not entirely black and white in the world of Sarmaze (no pun intended). Some spells of light could be considered unjust, and not all shadow powers were used in a crude, destructive manner. Some were able to wield both and walk down the middle ground.

As for other questions that you may be thing of, like element combinations and such, only time will tell if I either mention it, or place it in the story at some point. Well, see you later, and maybe I'll do a character bio on someone next time (at least one that's spoiler-free).

I would also like to give credit for this to j.b.forkandspoon for his review that asked this question that I felt had to be elaborated. it was good to work on this.


ADDITION(11/26/07): I received an interesting question from a person by the name of {user:Tanin Hale Young} about the relation for Fire and Light during a room chat. Honestly, I forgot about that relation, since technically, as he helped pointed out, that fire gives off light, or like our sun, a big ball of fire, gives off sunlight. Though I'm not sure if I gave an actual answer to his question, I think I can place this under the possible "element combinations" that comrades could do in battle. Some examples I'll throw out there off the bat could be: Ice and water; fire and light; fire and earth; water and wind; water and lightning; this list can be almost endless. Thank you for your question there.
© Copyright 2007 StubbornSoul (stubbornsoul at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1298061-The-Emotion-Factor-elements-short-facts