*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1298062-Kayres-Quest
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Chapter · Fantasy · #1298062
This is the prologue for a story that i am in the process of writing for my little sister.
                She was running, running for her life and for the life that was growing inside of her. She grieved that her husband had stayed behind to fight them, to buy her time to get to safety. They had probably killed him by now. No, she thought, I mustn’t think of that. I must get to safety for him, for me, and for our child.
         Both had agreed that since they would probably be attacked or even killed if they stayed in Elf Valley after everyone found out that she was pregnant, that they should flee to Talcore City and start a new life together with their first child.
         She was so full of terror and worry that she didn’t fully realize that she was in a forest until she had gotten halfway through it. She panicked and ran as fast as her weary body could go. She chanced a look back to see if she had been followed when she ran straight into a man at full force and almost knocked him off of his feet.
         They’ve found me, she thought as she crumpled to the ground, I’ve failed you my love, I’m so sorry. Then she knew no more as her whole world went black.
© Copyright 2007 Delaiah (ktchr2 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1298062-Kayres-Quest