*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1298069-Hip-Hop-Aint-Quite-Dead-Verse
Rated: 18+ · Other · Music · #1298069
Hip hop is avenged: Instrumental: Can't Tell Me Nothing
Hip hop changed over the years/ Never listen to their heart/ Tend to listen with their ears/ They used to say believing is seein/ But I aint never seen God, but I know He's the reason that I'm breathin/ They told me I create my own destiny/ But I knew God had greater things in store for me/ So I gave up weakness of the flesh/ Money, cars, jewelry, clothes/ God told me to do what's best/ Found out, the fame was just a test/ Cuz things were so much easier when you got less/ Couldn't tell me nothing, wouldn't open my eyes/ Addicted to the money, it was the devil in disguise/ Almost fell vicitm to the industry/ Push rappers out on a stat quo to maintain conformity/ I snapped out of it, and came to my senses/ Learned life aint about riding in Hummers and Benzes/ Now I keep my feet to the ground, head to the sky/ These niggas is one in the same, but not I/ I see the truth like I got 20/20 vision/ Hip Hop aint dead, its just out of remission/ Urban revival, yeah thats my mission/ Cook it up, serve it up, yeah its REALNESS that I'm dishing/ The heat too much for them, they left out of the kitchen/ But I'm bringin 'em what the game's been missing!
© Copyright 2007 LaDy KrypToniTe (poeticsoul07 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1298069-Hip-Hop-Aint-Quite-Dead-Verse