*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1298198-Paradise
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Personal · #1298198
Just a short story i wrote tonight. It has a deep meaning to me and maybe someone else
He sat with his legs dangling over the cliff, starring off into the horizon. The ocean was asleep and sea birds danced daringly over the heads of the holiday makers. The sun sank steadily into the horizon bringing with it as much of its rays as possible. A warm breeze had picked up and seemed to be calling out to him. Yet he stayed put, besieged by his thoughts and surrounded by emptiness. For those brief moments he felt free, there was no need to worry about tomorrow because she was yet to show herself.

The euphoria was suddenly interrupted when I figure behind him came alive. ‘There you are Rory. We’ve all been looking for you.’ He took one last look at freedom before turning to face the beautiful girl. ‘I didn’t want to be around when they were doing it.’
The girl moved forward with caution and once she established the sense of security she longed she proceeded to sit down next to Rory. ‘I understand.’ She said.

She starred long and hard at the face of a seemingly lost boy. ‘How did you know you’d find me here Rachelle?’ Rory asked. ‘Have you already forgotten? We found this place together. We painted that mural here. So naturally I knew you’d come here when you left.’

Slowly but surely Rory started to feel free again. He liked the thought that someone knew him on such a deep level. ‘I just hate it when they do it.’ ‘I know Rory I know. They stopped now so don’t worry.’ ‘I never worry when im up here, this is my paradise Rachelle, its my spot, its “our spot”.’

Rachelle put her arm around Rory and gently laid her head against his shoulder. They both gazed out into the horizon. The sun was almost lost though it still fought bravely to keep the sun shinning, a bit like how Rory felt inside.

They both knew that they would have to return to reality, but for now they were content with just sitting there starring open minded out to sea. ‘Hey Rory, what was that saying you used to say to me when I was scarred?’ ‘Laugh now, cry later’ ‘That’s the one. Laugh now, cry later.’ And with that Rory and Rachelle both closed their eyes and their thoughts and let the euphoria creep slowly back into them and nestle into their hearts.
© Copyright 2007 chillz_out (poetic_youth at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1298198-Paradise