*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1298645-Hair
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Luisa
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Women's · #1298645
a short dreamy story of infidelity

          Samantha looked in the mirror, gazing at her messy appearance.  She combed her fingers through the unfamiliar short, dull, brown locks on her head and wiped the black from under her eyes. She looked down at the mess she had caused earlier and tried to dismiss the dire consequences that led to it.  She began straightening up the bed trying to forget the event that had just transpired.  She pulled back the sheets and found, to her disgust, a used condom.  Tears welled up in her eyes again. She used the lacy garment she had also found in the bed to toss it in the trash.  Thoughts rushed through her head as she picked the long black familiar hairs from her bed before she crumpled into her pillow.  Reliving the fight she and Paul had earlier, she hoped her fist had left a mark on his face somehow, if not only to remind him of her and all the hurt he had caused.  The desire to rip out every last shiny black hair on the woman's head grew stronger.  She had seen those hairs so many times before, she thought, but couldn't place where. The regret that she hadn't found out sooner haunted her.  She knew she shouldn't have gone on that business trip.

            The look on both their faces as she walked in on their adulterous activity stood frozen in her memory as did the lurch in her heart when she saw it.  It was the last thing she would have expected out of him after the incessant questions making sure of her fidelity and constant reminders of his commitment.  He was constantly asking about one of her coworkers, Steven, one whom she was assigned to go on most of her business trips with.  He felt him as a threat though she continuously assured him the relation between her and Steven was strictly professional, as it most certainly was. She wondered if this lady was a form of payback, although there was no reason for revenge.  She and Steven always got separate hotel rooms while away and nothing had ever happened before, not even close.  She was just as committed as he was. She thought she was, anyway.

            A light knock at the door diverted her attention from crying.  Much to her confusion she looked up to see Paul standing there with the black haired lady at his arm both showing no evidence of the previous occurrence.  "Samantha I'd like you to meet Maria, my coworker." He said, completely disregarding the fact that his wife just walked in on their most personal "company affairs."  Without thinking, Samantha bolted toward him and crushed Paul's manhood, leaving him writhing on the ground in pain.  Maria stood there aghast, fearing Samantha's would attack her next.  She took a big handful of Maria's shiny black hair and yanked it furiously.  As she did so, Samantha felt a sharp pain on her scalp.  Maria stood there seemingly unaffected. Still furious and somewhat puzzled, Samantha pulled on Maria's hair some more, each time feeling the pain upon her own head as Maria stood there without pain. 

She gave the long rope of hair her mightiest tug. 

The pain woke her up. 

Samantha sat up in bed rubbing her sore scalp.  She smoothed out her long black hair, thankful it was not the short brown hair she just dreamt having.  She dismissed the dream, blaming it on the alcohol from last night.  Just as she was about to go back to sleep, something in her bed caught her eye. She sat and stared in a state of horror.  There lay a half naked Steven, sleeping soundly next to her.
© Copyright 2007 Luisa (lluuiiissaa at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1298645-Hair