*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1298867-The-Shaw-Women-Curse
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Emotional · #1298867
This is about a family that is cursed with choosing the wrong men.
  Amira kept asking questions about her dad. After we left the hospital, we went to Red's mother's house. Red's mother, Jenna was a tall plus sized woman. For someone that came from Sprott, she sure was snobby. That was why I never dealt with her.

"Hi Mrs. Jenna. How are you?" I asked. I was very polite.
"Oh hi Ivy" she said. She had the ugliest smile on her face. It was so fake. She contiuned "Who is this pretty little girl?"
"This is your granddaughter Amira"
"Amira. It is such a unique name."
"It means princess."
"Anyway, what brings you by?"
"Amira wanted to know about her father."
"Well her father was a good young man. Then, he started hanging out with hoodlums. The next thing I knew, he was gone to jail."
"It's a shame how he died."
"Died? My Fredrick is not dead. His twin brother Cedrick died in a prison brawl. Fredrick is still there. I wish hed did die after he got that nasty people's disease."
"Disease" What disease?"
 
  This was the first time that I heard anything of Red having a disease. Red wasn't even dead for goodness sake. What the hell was going on? I told Amira to go outside and play.

She clutched her chest and said slowly "Fredrick has AIDS"
"What?" I screamed at the top of my lungs before I knew it.
"He found out that he had it the day he went to jail."
"Why didn't he tell me?"
"I thought that he got it from you."

  I flipped the table over and broke every pice of her expensive china.
"Listen you fat snob," I said "if I wasn't afraid of going to jail I would snap your neck. I was a virgin when I met Red. Your son could have given me AIDS. It could have been passed to my children. Now step off your damn high horse you witch."
 
  I walked off and dragged Amira along with me. Jenna was still clutching her chest.
© Copyright 2007 Robin S. (bunnisbaby2008 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1298867-The-Shaw-Women-Curse