*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1299031-meditation
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by B.C.
Rated: · Article · Inspirational · #1299031
i find that I can get closer to God through meditation than by prayer.
Meditation

I have found that through meditation I can get closer to God than through prayer. I live on a lake back in the woods, so I’m in a perfect place for meditation. I sit on the deck in the late evening or at night and I meditate while I either watch the sun set over the water or while listening to the night sounds.

The night is much nosier than the day. You would think it would be the other way around, but its not. At night you have all the little night creatures come out and they make all kinds of noises. The crickets, the frogs, the fish in the water, the foxes, the deer walking through the yard; they are quite noisy at night, and through meditation I become one with all of them.

To meditate you must first get in a comfortable position. It doesn’t matter where you live. Just find a good place to sit and meditate without being disturbed.

I just sit in my favorite chair on the front deck facing towards the sunset. You don’t have to sit on the ground with your feet crossed unless that’s comfortable for you.

Close you eyes if you like. I prefer to keep mine open so I can watch the water and the sunset.

Relax your muscles. This includes your tongue which is usually resting in the roof of your mouth. Just let it drop and relax all the other muscles. You may want to stretch before you meditate.

Now comes the hard part; stop thinking. Let your mind become silent of all thought. If you have a thought, make yourself aware that you’re having a thought and clear your mine of it. If you’re having any thoughts at all, you’re not meditating. You must stop thinking. Give your brain a rest.

Listen to the sounds around you. Listen to your heartbeat. Listen to the breaths you’re taking. Inhale slowly and exhale slowly. Be aware of every breath, of every sound around you; your pains.

It will take a couple of times for you to master this, but once you do, you will find yourself going to a higher plane than the one that you’re currently on, and when you go to a higher plane, you’re closer to God. And that is where we all want and need to be.

Peace be with you.
© Copyright 2007 B.C. (worldwidebc at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1299031-meditation