*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1299043-RIP
Rated: E · Short Story · Family · #1299043
A girl loses her first and only love to cancer.
The dreams came less and less every night. Oh how she missed him, he was her hero. All of her life he was always there to make her laugh and helped her see the brighter side of life. He was her number one love, with the exception of her parents of course. He would smile at her and she would melt inside, from the age of two all the way until she turned 20 years old. Of course she grew up and found new loves, but he held her heart above all the other guys in her life. He was always the most important. Thinking now as she sat and thumbed through her photo album, she smiles over this picture and that one.
         Tears ran down her cheeks as she remembers the very first time she helped him put together their first model car until the time he helped with her school science project, laughing she remembered that he did most of it for her, and her teachers knew it, but didn’t say anything. Yes even the her teachers loved him. He was just so handsome and his smile can charm every lady he walked by, even the old ladies at church.
         She remembered the time he helped her get ready for the Halloween bash at school and the time, or times she helped him paint his cars. Real this time, it was his hobby as a boy all the way up to manhood. Fixing up old cars and racing them, oh how he loved his cars. All the way until the end.  He was the sweetest man she had ever known, always putting others before him, he would give his last dollar or the shirt on his back if you needed it. It was just how he was.
         Her love past away the day before her 21st birthday. He was diagnosed with lung cancer a year before and went through Chemo and all sorts of other treatments. Even though he was sick and lost all of his hair, not to mention his weight went down drastically, he was still the happiest person she had ever knew. He still smiled and joked with everyone. He tried to make everyone feel as though everything was still the same as it was before, before he got sick, and lost everything , all but his faith and love.
         There were times that she thought she couldn’t hold on to him strong enough and others when she thought she could beat this with him. But in the end the drugs and medicines didn’t work. He was home at his mothers house, her grandmother, with all of his family when he passed away. The only one not in attendance was the one person who loved him more than anything, his love, his oldest and favorite niece. Her life had put her far away on that day, and she was getting ready for bed when she had the feeling. The feeling was to call her mother right at that moment.
         Her mother told her what happened and when. She stopped breathing and collapsed into the nearest chair. She couldn’t breath, couldn’t think, the one person she loved all of her life was gone. She would never get to see him again, hear his laugh, or see his smiling eyes look her way ever again. The pain crept up her neck and her body went numb, the phone dropped to the floor.
         Her whole body was screaming, her eyes flooded with tears, and she was gasping for air. Her best friend ran in the room and held her as she cried. Over and over in her head, the questions kept popping up, but the biggest was why. Only the Lord knew that answer, but to this day she hasn’t received the answer.                    She has realized the truth of the matter, he was with the Lord and he was no longer in pain. He was always with her and she knew that he knew how much she loves and misses him, her uncle Jay. Her hero and her first love.


* This is a real story dedicated to my Uncle Jay, James Robert Horner, 10-23-76  -  01-23-2006
  You are still loved and missed, always and forever. 
          
© Copyright 2007 byoung31599 (byoung31599 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1299043-RIP