*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1299791-The-Zombie-Nightmare
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Short Story · Other · #1299791
This is a story about a normal girl living a normal life. But there is a catch....

The Zombie Nightmare

This is a story about a normal girl living a normal life. But there is a catch – she was being tortured. Tortured at school by the “cool zombies.” (By that I mean they thought that they were cool.)
They had their own table at lunch. They would laugh and talk. They never stopped. It was like there was a force field around their table that kept the cool kids in and the “uncool” kids out. I do not know why, but people admired them. They looked up to them. The thing that bothers me the most, though, is that they were mean. They picked on kids and called them names.
Their main target was that normal girl, whose name was Heather. She was tired of their rude comments and actions. One day, she finally decided to seek revenge. Here is what she did:
Friday was the school dance. Everyone was dressed in the most divine dresses; dressed and suits of all colors and kinds. Heather had been saving up her allowance for about a month, and had finally been able to buy the dress of her dreams. It was sky-blue and was covered with sparkly sequins. The dress was not the only thing Heather brought to the dance, however. Heather also brought a bucket of blood and slop. She wrote a note to the “cool zombies” telling them to meet her on the stage. Right when they got on the stage, she pulled a lever and poured the bucket all over them. When the nasty blood touched their perfect skin and their beautiful dresses and suits.
Much to Heather’s surprise, the group turned into actual zombies!
Everyone ran for their lives. Noise and commotion was everywhere. Heather knew that this was her moment to shine.
But how?
Heather did not know how to stop this madness. (I guess it was true: she was just a normal girl.) Right then, Heather realized that she knew how to stop all of this. She ran to the science lab as fast as she could. She grabbed her science fair project, a robot named Jumangi. Jumangi was going to fix this whole thing. All Heather had to do was set him to fighting mode. She put Jumangi down on the dance floor and he started to fight the zombies. But Jumangi needed help – he couldn’t defeat all of the zombies by himself. Heather got her best friend Holly to help him. Holly knew karate. She was a blackbelt who won all of her competitions. Holly and Jumangi defeated all of the zombies, and Heather used a potion to turn them back into humans. After the prom, the principal had a talk with all the kids.
“This just goes to show that things are not always what they seem to be. They are different than they appear,” said the principal.
The principal turned to the zombies and said, “I hope that you are all okay.”
As the kids left the prom that day, the principal’s words never left their minds. The “cool zombies” were never the same. They did not have a table of their own at lunch, and they did not walk with their noses in the air. More importantly, they did not say mean comments and pick on people. Heather was not their target anymore. They thanked her for saving their lives and turned them back to normal. I do not want to say that this story has a happy ending, because it doesn’t. It has a happy part. After all that happened, Heather and Jumangi won the science fair and went to State. Holly also won the karate competition and became the Grand Champion.
But…
The potion only keeps the zombies normal by day. You might be wondering, “Well, what happens at night?” They turn into zombies, of course! So, the moral to this story is: Be careful what you think, it might just be true.
© Copyright 2007 gymnast178 (gymnast178 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1299791-The-Zombie-Nightmare