*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1300058-Rainy-Day-Love
Rated: E · Short Story · Romance/Love · #1300058
Ella is bored out of her mind, and no one wants to go out, well except for Logan.
Megan McMahon

2007

                                          Rainy Day Love

Today is a rainy day. There, in a house, a sixteen year-old girl sits, staring out the window. Her long crimson hair is a little below her shoulders.

It has been raining on and off for three days now. The streets below her apartment building are empty. Nobody wants to go out if they don't have to. She wants to but has no one to go out with. Her friends really don't like the rain much. Remy and Angela think it's going to ruin their hair. John likes to read on rainy days. Kasey just doesn't like the rain period. Logan is supposed to be at his soccer practice. Key words: 'supposed to be'.

Just then, she hears a knock on the door. She gets up from her seat and opens it. There, standing in the door way, is her friend Logan, soaking wet from top to bottom, mud all over his face and clothes and a little grass in his brown hair. He's all dirty holding a soccer ball. He smiles at her "Hey! Wanna come out and play?"

Ella shakes her head "You sound like a little kid when you say that."

Logan rolls his eyes, "Yeah, I know. Sooo do you want to come out or not?"

“Yeah, just let me change my clothes, and don't step off the mat. Mom will kill me if the rug got wet." Ella runs off to her room to change. In about five minutes later she comes out in a big black T-shirt and sweats. She wears her old sneakers and her hair up in a messy bun.

Logan and Ella walk out into the pouring rain with their arms linked. The two seem to be the only ones smart enough or dumb enough to go out into the rain like this- it all depends on your point of view. They walk past stores nearly empty and restaurants with just one or two people.

When they finally make it to the park, Ella wrenches out of Logan’s grip so fast he falls onto the muddy ground. She doesn't seem to care as she runs to the swings, hops on one and starts to swing. Logan gets up from the ground, slowly makes his way to the swings and sits next to her.

Ella looks at him while she swings higher and higher. "Why aren't you at practice?"

He smiles. "Coach ended it early, the mud was too slippery."

They're quiet for a while as they sit in the rain. It was always better to go to a play ground with someone.

"Thanks for saving me. I thought I was going to die from boredom."

Logan just laughs and swings higher. They swing in silence. Not one of those awkward silences, just a friendly, comfortable silence. Ella finally says "I bet I can jump farther then you."

Logan begins to swing higher, taking her challenge, "Can not"

Ella starts swinging higher too, "Can too"

"Can not"

"Can too. Just watch." She swings even higher. After about three more high swings, she jumps off the swing and lands on her feet with her arms out stretched like a gymnast when she's done. She lands a good 4 feet away. She spins around to face Logan with a smile on her face and sticks her tongue out at him.

Logan laughs at her childish behavior. He swings higher and higher when he finally jumps off like Ella but only a centimeter behind her. Ella laughs so hard she falls right into the muddy ground. It was Logan’s turn to laugh at the sight of his bestfriend-and-long-time-crush rolling around in the mud laughing for no reason at all.

Once Ella finally decided that she was done laughing, she gets up with the help of Logan, now that she’s all muddy. They're up and walking again with their arms linked once again and, in Logan’s other arm, was his soccer ball. He asks her "Do you want to play soccer?"

Ella looks up at the rainy clouds and lets the rain fall onto her face while she thinks. She injured her knee in a car crash and couldn't play soccer so well so she quit. Soccer was a sore subject for her. As she thought, Logan walks beside her, regretting that he mentioned soccer. He knew he shouldn't have asked but he did anyway.

"Sure I'll play." Ella said to him, breaking him out of his guilty thoughts.

He looks at her in surprise. "Really?"

She nods her head with an amused look on her face. "Race ya!" She took off to the empty soccer field without another word.

Logan calls from behind "No fair you're cheating"

He sprints to catch her. He runs up right behind her and pulls on her arm. Surprisingly, she falls to the ground, pulling Logan down with her. Logan falls on top of her. He pushes himself up a little so he's hovering over top of her. They are both are a deep shade of red. He smiles at her and she smiles at him. Slowly, he leans down and she leans forward a little and their lips meet in kiss, in one of those breath taking kisses, the one that makes your heart race in your ears.

When they finally pull away, Logan looks into Ella’s eyes, knowing that she's not mad at him for that. He knows he did the right thing. Ella smiles back at him and she knows just from her first kiss with Logan that they were meant to be. As corny as that sounds, she really does think that they were meant to be. After all the heart never lies. Right?

A/N: I hope you like this little short. I’m going down to the shore with a bunch of friends so I might come back with the start of my new story, or some other little pieces I wrote but not sure. I would like to thank the lovelyAvius for beta-ing this chapter. R&R
© Copyright 2007 Irish Sweetheart (blondechick101 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1300058-Rainy-Day-Love