by Ray Roberts
Resume for current job interview
3166 Delacorte Dr.
Acworth, GA. 30101
770-529-7399, Cell # 678-852-0815
“...exceptionally energetic and enthusiastic teacher...projects a charisma that captures the imagination of students...demonstrated excellent classroom management skill...”
former principal Daniell MS
“...specialist courses in education technology were supportive to the use of video streaming and computers in the class...He volunteered to sponsor clubs for student activities adding to the overall climate and well being of the school…” I recommend him with the highest regard...”
Helen Arrington Teacher
7th grade Life Science Teacher Cobb County Public Schools
“...deeply involved in learning about the educational state-of-the-art, investigating research and designing instructional materials...I look forward to the time when Diane will bring her love of children, enthusiasm, initiative, and intelligence into her own classroom.”
Gregory Pattridge, Prof. Lesley University
“My ability to motivate students and share a love of learning fosters a successful classroom environment. ...I would welcome becoming part of ‘the village that raises the child’ in your district.”
Eager to bring middle/high school students into the twenty-first century using a unique combination of education experience coupled with 8 years’ of remediation for learning disabilities, and classroom management.
• Hold Masters of Science Degree in Special Education, and Bachelors Degree in Child Development
• Experienced in use of the Internet and educational software.
• Dedicated to enthusiastic and dynamic teaching as a means of creating and nurturing a lifelong love of knowledge in children.
Education, Honors, and Certifications
M.S. Special Education
National University, CA. 2004
Bachelor of Arts in Human Development/Child Development
CSU San Bernardino, CA. 1997
Associate in Science Early Childhood Studies
Riverside Community College, 1994
Reach for the Stars Mentoring Program 2005 – present
“Who’s Who” Member in Special Education
Distinguished Teachers, 2004 edition
Georgia SP ED Behavior Disorders P-12, Consultative 2004
SP Ed General Curriculum (P-12) Consultative 2004
SP Ed Language Arts Cognitive Level (P-5, 4-8) 2006
SP Ed Reading Cognitive Level (P-5, 4-8) 2005
SP Ed Science Cognitive Level (P-5, 4-8) 2006
SP Ed Social Science Cognitive Level (P-5, 4-8) 2006
Gen Ed Health (P-12) 2006
Clear Renewable Health (P-12) Certificate 2006
Plan and instruct each subject area using wide variety of teaching aids, motivational and implementation strategies to engage students in active learning.
Incorporate learning modality principles into classroom and individual instruction. Develop and conduct inter-grade activities. Utilize Heath automated math management system.
Implement technological approaches to subject material. Research educational resources on the Internet. Assist with information retrieval.
Experienced Computer Educator
Use and incorporation of technology in the classroom for special needs learners. Introduced word processing, desktop publishing, and drafting programs for project assignments and technology faire.
• Software (PC and MAC environments): Microsoft Windows® and DOS, Excel, Dreamweaver, Microsoft Word, Mozilla, HTML Web Page construction, and digital research activities
• Working knowledge of the Internet
Professional Development in Education
• IRR/LD Teacher, 6th thru 8th Daniell Middle School, Marietta, Ga. July 2005 to present
• SDC/LD Special Education Teacher, 3rd thru 5th Birney EMS, Marietta, Ga. July 2004 to 2005
• SDC/SH Teacher, Compton High School, 9th thru 12th, Compton, Ca.
August 1999 to June 2004
• SED Teacher, Glen Avon EMS, 2nd thru 5th , Riverside, Ca. September 1998 to June 1999
• Substitute Teacher, RUSD, Riverside, Ca. September to June 1998
Supervisory Experience Positions
• Special Education Dept. Chairperson, Compton, Ca.
August 2002 to July 2004
• PAC Supervisor, US Army Europe, April 92 to December 1992
• Administrative Assistant, UCLA Medical Center, January 1984 to October 1986
• Sorter/Driver, United Parcel Service, Riverside, Ca. July 1993 to May 1997
• Teacher Aide, Riverside Community College, Riverside, Ca. September 1992 to June 1993
National Educators Association
Who’s Who Among Special Education Teachers in America
Professional Association of Georgia Educators