*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1301445-The-Warning-Note
Rated: 13+ · Other · Fanfiction · #1301445
A set up to a short story based in the Laurell K Hamilton, Anita Blake world.
It happened during a thunderstorm. One by one the dead were left nearly at the doorsteps of their respective residences. Each tagged with a note. A warning. Lycanthropes were not going to be tolerated in Atlanta, Georgia. Whether it was legal or not, they were disgusted by the Governments decision to give them rights. They were the monsters. Blood thirsty, flesh eating, devil-spawn monsters that prayed on the weak.

Humans Against Preternaturals (HAP) had long since been the most actively run and controlled grouping of humans against the monsters on the east coast. They were the obsessive more ruthless version of all the radicals. Law didn't compute when they had humanity on their side.

The Preternatural Investigation Agency (PIA) learned of the warning not too long after it happened. Like any good investigation team, they set out to find out as much detail as they could. Some of the Lycan groups in the area were more violent than others. They could have already retaliated against HAP, which would be very bad news if PIA didn't get to it before the local reporters woke up.

Maybe they hadn’t known, or maybe they did and that’s why they had picked them. Couples, lovers, friends and last of all lycans the two of them, fox and hyena. It was bad enough to be monster, but to mate outside of their species…it was enough to make any member of HAP want to do it. It just wasn’t natural, they just weren’t natural. PIA showed with the local reporters on their tail asking questions about anything and everything. “No comment” was heard left and right. While the cops were busy cleaning up the scene, making sure the evidence was untouched the reporters had already begun badgering the lycans groups.

Too many questions had led to more problems and before anyone knew it hell had broken loose. PIA had to call in back up from the local police department to ensure that no more would die that night. No more died, however a reporter did end up with a black eye and busted lip when he referred to a body as an ‘it’. Which only could lead to another story and many more pictures of brutality? After all was calm and situated, or about as well as it was going to be. The PIA left the lycans to there own, leaving small cards with numbers to reach them.
© Copyright 2007 Brooke Castlebridge (castlebridge at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1301445-The-Warning-Note