*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1301524-Leadership-Morals-and-Ethics
by AFMan
Rated: E · Essay · Other · #1301524
A short Essay on Leadership Morals and Ethics.
What is leadership? Many people have a grasp on leadership but do not really know exactly what leadership is. There are so many different definitions out there that the only ways a person can understand leadership is by coming up with there own definition. Everyone needs to ask themselves, what is leadership? I have asked myself that question and I am still not quite sure what leadership is. Leadership is a word that can be defined in so many ways that the word itself is mystic. Nearly every one expresses some sort of leadership values every day and that most of them do not even know that they have the potential but express it without knowing they are expressing it.
Leadership is an important part of life. I believe that every person has potential in leadership. The thing is, is that the ones that know they have the potential may choose not to show their leadership potential. Having leadership will lead you to being a leader. There are two types of leaders, good leaders and great leaders. Not every leader is a grey leader but they are good leaders. To be a great leader there are many characteristics that a person must express. These characteristics are what these people live by. A great leader must know them selves, what they believe in, and stick by it. They also have to be adaptable to change. A great leader must listen to their subordinates and value their opinion. A leader will go nowhere without the support and respect of their subordinates. A great leader must also show many aspects of leadership.
There is no one definition of leadership. Every person must look deep inside themselves to find what leadership is. With leadership being one of the most important aspects in life, whether it is military or civilian life there is no way you can get rid of leadership. Leadership is just one of the things in life that some people do not get along with but realize that there is no way they can avoid it and respect that. No matter where you look there will always be a different definition of leadership and that no two are exactly the same.
Leadership to me has many different aspects. Leadership is the ability to influence, motivate or guide others to accomplish a mission or task. Having leadership means that you are willing to step up to any challenge but only complete only those you can. Leadership is also doing what's right not what's good your personal image.
Leadership is accomplishing the task to the best of the team's ability. It is being a part of the team rather than a person in front taking all the credit when the team did the work. It is thinking an out the welfare of your subordinates above all else. Leadership is knowing your potential as well as the potential of your subordinates. Being a leader living by these aspects has the makings of a great leader in my opinion.
In Life we are taught the basis for morals and principles. These morals are what govern our leadership and our leadership habits. Each leader is a different leader because they have different morals and principles. As human beings we rely on leaders to direct us in a safe direction and to guide us through our lives so that we may live prosperous. Being a leader is a challenge as well as an honor whether it is a manager in a small fast food restaurant or the president of the United States leadership is Leadership.
© Copyright 2007 AFMan (afman at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1301524-Leadership-Morals-and-Ethics