*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1302393-Chapter-Two
Rated: E · Chapter · Young Adult · #1302393
Chapter two of A Girl In A Small Town
                                        Chapter Two
                                            Trouble
      The one thing Trista never wanted to see in her young life was that look on her fiance's face as he gropped his hands together and starred at the ground. The look of 'i have to tell you something and I don't want to'. He swallowed a huge wad of guilt and slowly lifted his head to bring it level with hers as she stepped away from the parked car.
      "Trista.." he staggered out in a sqweak, "...we're in trouble." As if she wasn't already aware of this, she starred at him in disbelief.
      "What do you mean 'in trouble'?" she pounded out with confidence. He simply hang his head and mumbled to himself as if to think of a way out, but if she had anything to do with it he would tell her and like it. "Speak up boy! What is it?" She belched.
        "I...I....I...." he stammered. Trista tapped her foot as everyone around starred as if to go cross-eyed at them. He hang his head lower than before. Trista starred at him in amazement at his sudden loss for words.
        "Honey, what is the matter? What is happening? Who did something to you...I kill." She said with a giggle to make him feel better. She always knew when something was wrong and how to make him leave his worry behind.
        "They found something in my bag...I have to go away for a while. I'll call you when they let me." He said and shrank into his despair. Trista, with her mouth hanging on the ground by the last bit of muscle they had, looked at him in shock. Her face went pale, as she closed her mouth and hung her head. A deep shadow overcame her and she knew that all was lost forever. What a bummer.
          The crowd was quiet and loose. No two people were standing next to each other. Huge spaces engulfed Tristas' once cheery disposition. How could it happen to her? She thought, why me? A faint giggle came from a distant place. She shot her head up as quick as she could and looked around for the culprit. Who dare laugh at such a time and at us? She growled. She scanned each face, each sneer, each cornbread fed smile. Each one booring into her soul like knives. Whoever had laughed would pay here and now for there arragance.
          She scanned on more time towards the left side group and found a man with a hand cupped furiously over his mouth. She knew it was him, she spat out the largest scream she could muster. "YOU INCESSENT LITTLE COCKROACH!! How dare you laugh at such a miserable time, you feeble minded fool. I have the right to lop off your head with a rusty axe. How dare you!" She groaned and moaned and spat every known unfavorable word towards him, as the others looked at her with terror and amuzement at her plite. They would pay for their insabordination.
          Suddenly and out of no where the whole lot of them burst into a fury of constant laughing fits. Each one doubled over in a agonizing way and full of joy. They found her frantic anger funny. Enraged, Trista faught back the urge to rip each of their heads of in one quick motion. So instead she turned to face her fiance' and what she found was not what she expected of him either.
          He was stiffeling back a laugh that looked to be as bad as the others standing around her. Confused she screamed at them to shut up. Though they did not listen she looked around to find something to get their attention. She spotted the truck and knew right away what she would do...
© Copyright 2007 826girl (tcfd826girl at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1302393-Chapter-Two