*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1302809-Just-Wondering
Rated: E · Prose · Adult · #1302809
We never really know what goes on behind closed doors. This poem is my wondering....
Just wondering...

Big beautiful house; you have been noticed. Imposing beauty and choice architecture speak of polished living.

"Well done," most would say, "they've done well for themselves".

Who wouldn't be happy to live there? They must be happy. Rich exterior opaquely guarding inner works; the core; the heart; the truth living behind them. And I wonder...

I wonder on you who dwell behind the happy wellness of your home front. Were I to remove one stone to see the color inside what would I see?

Would it be the blackness of an eye laying swollen; knocked with a fist to the granite floor?

Would it be the blueness of caged depression; pounding, never ceasing, listlessly hoping for someone to hear?

Would it be the the grey of solitary confinement; condemned, judged and sentenced to life behind bars?

Would it be the thick muddy brown of loss; impossible to move through; sucking you under; comsuming, devouring as you sink; swallowing you whole?

Would it be the red of danger, terror, fear, hiding...survival instinct?

Would it be the green of peace, growth, life; living hopefully; appreciating the light; moving toward it?

Would it be the pink of affection; of leaning in with your heart; loving, caring, opening; appreciating the love?

Would it be the purple of a sparkling jewel; refined, buffed; having come from rugged rock; transformed, shining; telling of value, hard work, precision of vision and tender care; valued, protected, insured, kept safely?

What would I find if I took one brick from the rich exterior of wellness. What do you hold behind your imposing front oh big beautiful house?

Just wondering.
© Copyright 2007 jjseabird (jjseabird at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1302809-Just-Wondering