*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1302914-No-Title
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Tragedy · #1302914
"She found herself lost in the fast paced world of today."
She found herself lost in the fast paced world of today. Everyone moved so quickly and she couldn't keep up. To her life was a race and she was in last place.

It wasn't always this way. She used to be in the present, running the race at the same pace as everyone else. But ever since the crash she found herself stuck in the past.

When she was nineteen she had been in her second year of University. She was studying to become a doctor. But fate seemed to have a different route for her, and like so many others in this world her dreams were shattered by a drunken driver.

She slept for eight years. She spent five years after awaking trying to catch up, but she never could.

She is thirty-two years old and she still feels nineteen years old. She stills feels like the young aspiring doctor. She is stuck in the world of 1994.

No matter how many years pass she will never catch up, she will only fall further behind. She will always be losing the race, because she wasn't there to learn how to run faster.
© Copyright 2007 Live Fast Die Never (dienever at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1302914-No-Title