*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1302920-Lie-to-Me
Rated: ASR · Short Story · Tragedy · #1302920
"As he spoke she froze."
She knew it was over, he was leaving… they were over. She’d loved him so much and now he was leaving her. It hurt so much. They now sat in silence; the fight had ended but the anger remained. She turned to watch him, her eyes scanning over his face looking for any sign that he might stay, tears formed in her eyes, as she saw none.

“Lie to me.” She whispered, her voice hoarse from the screaming she had previously done. She watched him patiently waiting to hear his cold, calculating voice cut through the silence.

He turned to watch her this time, his eyes looked hollow as if no emotion remained in him. He studied her face… taking in who she was, what he was leaving behind. Their eyes met his deep grey eyes staring into her bright blue ones. Finally he spoke; his voice was soft and filled with sorrow.

As he spoke she froze.

She watched him walk away with tears spilling from her eyes, he vision blurred and her heart filled with pain. At that moment the words he’d spoken to her became her never-ending nightmare. Every night she could hear him say it, his words haunting her.

“I love you.”
© Copyright 2007 Live Fast Die Never (dienever at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1302920-Lie-to-Me