*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1302989-Change-of-Direction
Rated: E · Prose · Emotional · #1302989
The importance of something unimportant.
When you changed direction and started walking back toward me, I felt my heart skip a beat; your hand reached out and caressed my dark, reddish hair. Your eyes glinted their slate blue and I lowered my gaze when it felt like too much. Your fingertips slid through the softness of my locks; your head slightly tilted to look down at me. The clouds shifted a little over head, the sun started to shine on your face and I could see radiance... and then you sort of squinted your eyes and smiled at me helplessly and said, "Sorry, I got a ride today... see ya tomorrow." and I smiled back, feeling a little disappointed since we never rode the bus without each other, but feeling shocked because that was the first time you every touched me. So what if it was a stupid moment? It seemed so long and romantic but it was really only a few seconds and I'm not really sure why you touched me in passing, but I don't think I'll ever forget it, because that was the day I realized I loved you.
© Copyright 2007 EnvySeven (envyseven at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1302989-Change-of-Direction