*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1303517-Prologue-Its-in-the-Blood
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Fantasy · #1303517
This is the begining to my novel called Dragon's Bane. Let me know what you think.
         The boy knew that he was not human; the women who called themselves his daughters reminded him of that often. Surrounded by the perfect white of the padded room he often wondered what kind of creature he really was.
         Fleeting memories of distant pasts tickled the back of his mind, hinting at answers that he could not grasp. His daughters told him that he would remember. It's in the blood and cannot be forgotten, they would say. He wanted to believe them; a whispering in his mind told him that they spoke the truth.
         Often, he was visited by doctors and scientist that performed tests and examinations on his body, they would always be women. Despite there beautiful faces he knew they were not human, the smell of rotten eggs and decayed meat always hovered around them.
         He could sense things from his daughters as well, there were five of them. When they visited he would feel there strong emotions of love wrapping aroung him like a fiery blanket. There was something beneath there love, however, that made him feel cold. An ancient feeling of possessiveness that he knew he felt before, from a time long ago.
         Suddenly, the door to the padded room opened with a load groan, revealing a woman dressed in a black pinstriped business suit. Her long blond hair fell down her back in a river of curls and her eyes shone with a fierce emerald glow that no human could possibly posses. He knew her name was, Vitra, and she was the oldest of his daughters. She flashed a warm smile and sat down beside him on the padded floor.
         "How are you doing today, Father?" Vitra said as she smoothly slid her arm around the boy's shoulder, pulling him closer to her. The boy shivered, Vitra always made him feel frightened. Unlike her sisters, Vitra surrounded herself with an aura of rage that commanded others to fear her. Somewhere in the shadows of his mind he knew that she enjoyed it greatly.
         "You can sense my strength, that is good, Father. Do not fear me." Vitra whispered in the boy's ear while her slender fingers stroked through his black hair. "You are our future and you have my love." As soon as she finished speaking the boy knew that it was truth.
         "When can I go outside, Vitra? I am lonely here." The boy said as he wrapped his arms around the white medical gown covering him. Despite his fear, he forced himself to look into her vividly green eyes.
         "You still have too much human blood in your veins, Father. As soon as we do some more test we will find out a way to cure you. You must be patient." Vitra firmly stated causing the boy to frown.
         What is so bad about humans? You have human blood in your veins, I can smell it." His words made Vitra leapt to her feet, her face changing into a hideous mask of anger. She stood over top of him and her eyes turned into green spotlights that showered the room with emerald light.
         "That will change soon!" Vitra snarled. "If you knew what you are, you would understand the meaning of your words." In another quick moment she was back to normal and the room was white again.
         "If you know what I am then tell me! I can't stand this place anymore! I want to see other things besides this room and the labs. What are those people who test me? They stink and they make my stomach turn." The boy shouted at her but it seemed that Vitra would not get angry again. No matter how hard he tried, he knew that she wouldn't show her true form.
         "You must remember what you are for yourself, Father. As I said, be patient it will come with time. It is the human blood that is holding your memories back. When your natural blood overcomes it, you will remember." Virtra turned to leave and the boy quickly wrapped his arm around her slender waist. He didn't care who it was, anything was better that this endless span of white boredom.
         "Don't leave, Vitra! I'm sorry for yelling at you. It's just that I am so lonely here. Where are my other daughters? Can't the come and visit me?" The boy pleaded pressing his head against her stomach.
         Vitra gazed at him with loving eyes and hugged him tightly to her. "They are preparing the world for your arrival. I have to go, Father, but I will be close by." You will not be alone for long." With those words said, Vitra left the room and once again he was sealed within the white box.
         There was no sense of time when he was alone in the room, only shadowy memories that haunted his every moment. He felt no hunger or the need for sleep like he knew humans did, all there was to do was sit and wait; for what, he did not know.

© Copyright 2007 Mr. Wizard (flydude112282 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1303517-Prologue-Its-in-the-Blood