*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1304920-A-Day-in-Florence-Italy
Rated: E · Short Story · Experience · #1304920
this is a short story meant to be like a journal entry
Today didn't start out too well.  My room mates and I somehow managed to be late for breakfast.  We were still asleep when we got a call from our leader to come downstairs, NOW.  However, once we heard the tone of her voice, we responded very promptly and went to meet her.  When we got to breakfast, almost everyone else was gone, and I had mail.  My mom sent me a card!! When I read it, it made me kind of sad, but it made me feel better after just being late for something.  I HATE being late!  Anyway, then we learned that we locked ourselves out of our room, so we had to get another key, pack our suitcases, and be ready for room check in 20 minutes.  Somehow, we did it! 

After we loaded the bus, I sat with Erin.  Then we went to the Accademia Gallery to see David.  Now I know why everyone makes a big deal out of this statue in particular.  He looked so life-like, it was like there was an actual huge man standing in the museum with us.  After seeing David, I got to see the musical instrument exhibit.  It was amazing!!!  I am a music person, and the violin they had there from SO long ago was beautiful.  I wish all violins now-a-days had such intricate carvings in them.  After we saw some other statues, we had lunch and went to Pisa. 

While in Pisa, my shopping group was with me, Erin G, Emma, and Neoshie.  I got my picture taken holding up the Leaning Tower, and I got a bunch of gifts.  When we went past one of the shops, Mitch was kneeling on a collapsable stool, and (of course) it collapsed.  Even he laughed because he is ALWAYS tripping over things and making a fool out of himself. 

After Pisa and dinner, we went to a new hotel.  This time my room mates were Carolyn and Neoshie.  Carolyn went to bed right away, and Neoshie and I stayed up talking a little past bed check.  Then it was time to hit the hay!
© Copyright 2007 Julianna Hope (spedgirlie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1304920-A-Day-in-Florence-Italy