*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1305093-What-happens-next
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Rumy
Rated: · Other · Other · #1305093
It just keeps going on and on.
I'm heading for LA tomorrow morning. In a week, I'll be waking up to my first day at UCLA I'm too excited to sleep. Breathe in. Breathe out. Two weeks ago, I was in Jamaica having the time of my life. It's so impossible for me to think back to two years before and see that I was miserable. Wow, when I was 15, I was a dreamer (that's what I called myself). I was not only miserable, but confused, sad, bored, trapped, lost, wishing I was somebody else, and doing everything I can to turn my frown up side down. I had a dream of being an actress/chef.

I took three advanced classes, culinary arts, and drama at school. I volunteered everywhere, I interned at a hotel as an assistant chef, and I worked at Clyde's as a waitress. AAANNNDDD I actually modeled for a few teen magazines. Now don't go thinking that, I'm really pretty and skinny with long, beautiful, glossy hair. I'm not saying that I'm ugly, I'm just pretty normal. I was actually 5" 2', back then. I'm taller now.

So how did I get from a miserably trapped little girl into one that just can't stop smiling? Well, I worked extremly hard. I saved up all my money and I bought a new car. But I couldn't really do anything about my life untill I graduated High School. I was a junior. One more year to go. See I wasn't the kind of person that was ok with same daily routines. I wanted to do something different everyday. I wanted to travel and see countries people don't even know exisisted. Like Kazakhstan, bet you never heard of that. But anyway, then came my senior year. I applied to UCLA (my dream college), and looking at all I've been doing they accepted me with a four year scholarship.YAY! So that summer, I decided to go to Jamaica and just get away from all the stress. It was so much fun. I loved it. Just what I excpected.

I'm driving my car to UCLA tomorrow. All the way from VA. I think it will be fun. I've always wanted to go on a road trip. I'm so happy but still hurt. I'm leaving all my volunteer and work buddies, I'm leaving my sister, my family, blah blah blah. So anyway, can't wait untill I'm finally FREE!
© Copyright 2007 Rumy (ruhamay at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1305093-What-happens-next