*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1305182-Cruisin-Canines
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Other · Animal · #1305182
We loaded up the car with the two canines and off we went!
Seeing the extreme sadness in my husband’s eyes after losing his best friend, Bosco, our Chocolate Labrador of 13 years, I contacted Karen of Lone Star MinPin. For 27 years of marriage, we’ve always had a big dog. We had decided when this fateful day arrived; we planned on adopting another MinPin. We had adopted our female from her rescue organization 5 years ago.

She made an excellent match of a little 10 lb. male who she had rescued from an abusive situation, and we welcomed him into our hearts and home. We named him Clyde. You see, our female’s name is Bonnie. They are both “partners in crime” chasing the occasional rabbits from our yard.

It took about a week for Bonnie to accept him, as she is the Alpha female who had bossed our Lab into submission for years! His disposition is sweet but he knows how to take control over certain situations when the need presents itself. I still need to watch if there are chew bones involved.

My husband is a lover of classic cars & he owns a Black 1957 Belair. We enjoy cruising around our neighborhood. With the windows rolled down, the wind and the road sounds bring a sense of relaxation to us both. Since Bosco was over 100 lbs, we’ve never had the dogs in his classic Chevy in the past. Since we have adopted Clyde, we’ve made an exception. We put a towel down on the seat and loaded up the car with the two canines and off we went! Immediately, Clyde was a pro in the cruisin’ scene! Sitting on my lap, and leaning onto the window’s ledge, he watched with interest as the world went by. He’s never showed any fear at all. I would hold onto his harness as his senses were on the alert. He’s not a yappy dog and both of them settled in for a wonderful adventure. Every time, we’ve taken them out in the car, we’ve all had a pleasant and fun experience.

I’m very grateful and thankful for Karen. Someday, you may see two black and tan Minpins staring contentedly out at you from a passing black ’57 Chevy! Then you will know with certainty, that there has been a match made in heaven.
© Copyright 2007 Ginnylynn (grammy52 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1305182-Cruisin-Canines