*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1305440-Who-he-really-is-part-1
Rated: E · Non-fiction · Family · #1305440
They fall for his act, I know who he really is.
I could not believe what I was watching, he became an actor on a stage. His smile, his hand gestures, almost laughing, as he told his tale to the listeners. I wanted to scream at the ugly little man, to expose him for the person he really is.

This version of the tale was not the one I have heard so many times. This was the version he saved for those whose approval he wanted.  The listeners were smiling, they do not know him for the monster that really he is. 

His tale was of  something some one had done wrong. A simple human mistake that the rest of us contributed to lack of communication. The ugly little man takes these mistake personally,  as if done on purpose to just make his life miserable.

The version of this tale I get, is an angry tirade. I have heard it so many time I no longer mention the persons name. I am his dumping ground, the one who gets the side of him no one knows about..

I talked to the person that made the mistake, he has no clue a mistake was ever made.  He told me of all the nice things the ugly little man had said about me. He told me to send the ugly little man over, so they could have a cup of coffee together, like the friends he thinks they are.

I didn’t have to see it, I could picture the ugly man sitting in his chair, talking  on the phone to this person. His smile would have been the one he uses when he knows he’s saying what needs to be said, just to gain the approval he thrives on.



Should I have told this person what the ugly little man tells everybody else about him?  Should I have told him the things the ugly mans says to  me, when nobody is around to hear? 

He had the listeners laughing at his tale, that made him happy.  I could only see them as fools, falling for the disguise he wore for them.  It was all one big show, put on just for them.

Later,  he told me,  “They have nothing, never did,  I, she, had to send them money all the time”.

The “I ,she” made me want to laugh too. He had to change his words mid sentance, because I know the truth. He was caught, trying to take credit for something she did.

She had had told me once of the listeners struggles, she helped them because they needed what she had, she gave out of kindness.

He boasted of it, with arrogance in his voice. Personal secrets become public knowledge if he needs to use them to add another step up to his high and mighty pedestal .

The listener had much more going wrong in his life than a lack of money and the ugly little man is using this as a opportunity to build himself up?  Should I tell the listener what kind of man he really is, the one he calls friend?

I’ve seen the ugly man  smile with glee when he gets to tell of someone’s failures. He feeds on these failures, it makes him look better than them. How others see him is what is most important to him.

Just being around the people who call him friend, is hard. I see them smile and hug him, everybody is always so happy to see him. I bite my tongue, I know what he says about them, how he really feels. Am I a liar like him?

What would he think if I opened my mouth and told the truth.  If I told of the screaming, the yelling, the angry tirades caused by silly mistakes or  someone not doing what he feels they should.

Whether it’s the man who made the mistake or the listener, everybody is on the ugly little mans secrets lists. He will treat them all the same, smiles, stories and pretend friendship.  None of them are immune to the ugly little man's words I get to hear in private.
© Copyright 2007 GrechiBee (grechibee at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1305440-Who-he-really-is-part-1