*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1305898-Untitled-Werewolf-Story-Chpt-1-Revised
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Mythology · #1305898
This is a revised version of the chapter I previously posted.
Rudolph Kasch bolted upright in his bed drenched in a cold sweat and breathing heavily, the nightmares of the war had haunted his sleep once again. He rolled out of bed and looked out the window. Rolf lived in a small house on the edge of town which was surrounded by trees and thick brush. But he was away from the noise and commotion of the small town. He didn’t like the idea of living so close to town but he had a loved his job and wasn’t really willing to leave and it was only a short distance from a prime area for sky observation which was almost essential for his career. Rolf stood gazing at himself in the mirror, he was young, handsome, his skin was a good tanned shade due to his native blood, he had a good sized muscular frame and his raven black hair hung down nearly to his waist. But his appearance had been ravaged by the last few years; his face had become slightly gaunt and had a ghastly look to it.

Rolf pulled on his old leather jacket that he had since he was in the army, it was embroidered with the captain’s insignia and Kasch on the right arm he was very proud of it, as it signified the time he had been given a great responsibility. Rolf quickly searched the inside pockets and withdrew a pack of cigarettes; he noted the familiar weight of his service pistol, it made him feel safe despite the fact that he hoped he would never have to use It again . He lit a smoke up and took a good few heavy drags before flicking it on the ground and crushing it with the heel of his boot.


Rolf hitched the large telescope strapped to his back to a more comfortable position and set of down the path his footprints dulled by the ample amount of leaves on the worn asphalt. Rolf walked briskly, savoring the cool, sweet air but this but this feeling was suddenly and powerful overpowered by an unsettling and disturbing feeling like that of being staked or carefully watched, Rudolph shrugged it off as being overly paranoid and kept going, but the feeling followed him so Rolf figured he just needed another cigarette so he stopped to light up another. The sky was perfectly clear and the moon was close to being full and provided a fair amount of pale light to the dark landscape, as Rolf Stood there smoking he noticed a strange shape against the tree line, he didn’t give a second thought and flicked his cigarette butt at it. The figure moved in response to the interruption, Rolf noticed the movement and slowly started to back away as the figure stood up as it moved into a brighter patch of moonlight Rolf caught a glimpse of it’s shape Rolf was paralyzed with disbelief at what he saw, it looked to be about nine feet tall and covered in copious amount of hair or fur, as he began to backpedal he tripped over his own feet and fell to the ground the figure taking notice of him began to move forward as it did Rolf recognized what the figure was, it was a werewolf.




Wicked claws, a body that looks as if it was carved out of solid muscle, eyes that show the rage of the beast and a tail that hung close to the ground. The very appearance of the werewolf brought waves of memories flooding back to Rolf figures leaping from the shadow, good men being ripped apart, and the creatures that just don’t seem to die. Realizing the danger he grabbed his service pistol and fired several potshots blindly at it, three shots hit the werewolf in the chest it staggered backwards; using this opportunity Rolf dashed down the road, back towards his house the werewolf’s terrifying footsteps trailing close behind him, Rolf who realized he had nothing to lose stopped, whipped around, dropped his telescope and took a fighter’s stance. As the beast approached Rolf dove a kick straight for its head, the werewolf caught his foot effortlessly and roughly threw him to the ground. Rolf got up, driven by rage he snatched up his telescope and charged at the werewolf’s wounded chest with it knocking it over, using this opportunity Rudolph once again raced back towards home, blindly running until he felt the searing pain in the back of his right arm and shoulder blade as the werewolf’s claws raked through his flesh.



The werewolf seized Rolf’s left arm and held him back, he did no try to fight back because of the pain if would have brought on, Rolf knew it was the end when the werewolf’s fangs sunk into the sinewy muscle of his left arm, but Rolf decided not to give up so easily and despite the blinding pain it brought on he grabbed the telescope and smashed it on the beast’s head, it immediately released Rolf’s arm with a yelp and fell backwards. Rolf stared at the felled creature for several long seconds until he was satisfied that it was either dead or unconscious. Rolf shuffled back home, the pain making it difficult to move, after what felt like an eternity Rolf finally staggered through the front door he slumped against the wall, his hand tightly gripping his left arm as blood seeped through his fingers. The pain suddenly intensified and Rolf blacked out.
© Copyright 2007 Lightwolf (lightwolf at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1305898-Untitled-Werewolf-Story-Chpt-1-Revised