*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1306130-A-Meaningless-Lark-just-for-class
Rated: E · Other · Educational · #1306130
A piece written to test out the edit point system
Writing, like the many other forms of expression available to artists involves putting a piece of yourself out there. It takes a certain amount of strength and confidence to do this. It requires that you trust your readers to be honest yet kind. Thorough yet gentle.

I hope that this does not make it sound like, I expect every reviewer to think, feel and say that I am God's gift to whatever genre I have attempted. On the contrary, I just make every attempt to never be rude and expect the same from my reviewers.

Beyond rudeness, there are other ways you can be unkind. For instance...the reviewer who told me that I had neither the right nor the ability to critique his work.This is just wrong...a condescending and supersilllious attitude gets you nothing but ill feelings from your fellow writers.

In conclusion, remember, the piece you are reviewing is as important to its author as yours are to you. Be honest, tactful, constructive and encouraging.
© Copyright 2007 Rose Praying for Peace (lilwinterrose at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1306130-A-Meaningless-Lark-just-for-class