*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1306325-Chapter-1-Home-Sweet-Home
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Chapter · Fantasy · #1306325
This is the chapter Cassandra comes home to Romania
I arrived in Romania, about 2am. I felt so awake and was excited to be back in my homeland, after so many years. Anxious to get off the plane and get to my hotel, I quickly made my way through the terminal to the luggage carousel and grabbed my bag.
Walking outside I saw a cab coming as I waved it down. A peaceful blanket of snow covered the streets giving the city a quaint, but lively look. I slipped onto the cold leather seat as the driver put my luggage in the trunk. Slightly shivering the driver brushed the slow off his shoulders and climbed into the front seat.
"Where ya headed?" He asked.
"The Forte Gayling Hotel please." I replied
"Ah I hear that place is great. Probably expensive too, eh?" His accent was distinct, but the way he spoke to her, made her shiver despite the blast of heat coming from the vents. The drive was silent except for the faint sound of the radio. I felt myself nodding off to sleep. A few times, I caught myself and jerked upright, only to feel my eyes closing again.
Before I knew it, I was awakened by an abrupt stop on a dimly lit abandoned road. The light snow had become a heavy rain. The driver got out, and opened my door. About to get out, I pulled my foot out onto the curb, when he grabbed my sleeve, and yanked my out of the car. I lost my balance and fell onto the grass. Terrified and shocked I looked up as he reached for me again, grabbing me by the lapel and yanking my upward. My face was so close to his, I could smell his dank, rancid breath.
"Give me all you have in your pockets," he snapped. I knew I could destroy him. I knew I could make him wish he’d never become a damned taxi driver, but I needed to stay unnoticed so I dug through the pockets in my jacket, and gave him, the money I had on me, along with my credit cards and my cell phone. He shoved me back to the ground, examining what I had given him. After looking over my phone, he threw it on the ground, and stepped on it. I could hear it crack against the sidewalk.
"Don't ever tell anybody, about this." he said, shoving the money and the credit cards in his pocket. He kicked me in the side, probably to prove his point, and walked around the front of his car. He got in, slammed the door, and drove down the street, my bag still in the
trunk.
I waited a few minutes to make sure he wasn't coming back. I tried getting up, but failed miserably. I couldn't stop myself. I cried. I sat up and buried my face into the knees of my jeans. I wan’t aware of anyone’s presense until I felt a warm hand on my shoulder. Trying to stop the tears, I looked up.
A man who looked about my age, was crouched next to me. He has a soft, but strong face and a lock of black hair fell into his mezmorizing blue eyes. Water dripped down his cheek, and off the side of his face.A shiney metal lip ring peirced the right lower side of his lip. He took my arm and helped me to my feet.
“You alright?” he asked, although he didn't wait for an answer. He led me down the street, luckily away from the direction the cab went, and to a black pick-up less than a block down the road. Opening the door of the truck, he put one hand on my back, and one underneath my knees, and lifted me up into the passengers seat. Rummaging through the box in the back, he pulled out a large blanket, and wrapped it around me. For the first time, I realized I was shivering. The man walked around to the driver’s side, got it, and started the car. Overwhelmed by shock, disbelief, and cold, I fell asleep.
I awoke to the man pulling open the passenger’s side door. He helped me out, and led me up the front walk, still hugging the blanket close around me.
It was an old apartment like home. Wide steps led up to a stone porch, where a dome shaped arch stood over the blood red front door. A porch swing swung slightly, in the harsh wind and rain. I don't know what made me trust this man, but I didn't try to run. I stayed by his side as his fished a single brass key from the keyring in his hand. He turned the knob and pushed the door open, his arm still protectivly around her shoulder.
We both walked inside as he led me to the couch and helped me sit down. He tucked another blanket around me. I was terrified and my mind was going into a foggy state as I rocked back and forth beginning to hyperventilate. He walked into another room and came back with a pair of pants and an old button up shirt that he laid on the table next to the couch. He set his hand on my back trying to coax me into calming down. As I tried to slow my breathing I glanced arond the room.
It seemed as if we were in a living room, seperated from the kitchen with a long marble counter with three bar stools. From the
look of it he liked red, black as well. The walls were painted a deep red with the crown molding a pure angelic white. The carpet was a charcoal grey and the couches and chairs were decked out in black leather. I could see the end of what I presumed to be the dining room table. Rod iron and glass seemed to be favored for tables, and dish hangings.
The tears began to cease as the man held me. Laying me down gently pulling my legs up onto the couch as easily as if I were a rag doll. The last thing I remembered before I drifted to sleep was the man brushing my dark hair from my eyes, and whispering to me, "Just sleep. I'll protect you...I promise" he said, his voice low, almost a whiper.

* * *

I slept through the day as I normally did with my nocturnal lifestyle and woke up to the soft warm smell of pancakes. My head throbbed as I forced myself to open my eyes.
Cassi jerked erect as she quickly realized she was not in a hotel room or her bedroom back in America. Her heart pounded so loudly she thought it would burst from her chest. The man from the night before rushed from the kitchen to her side, quickly realizing the need to calm her again. Cassi almost screamed when she saw him.
"Who the hell are you?" She yelled.
"My name is Ethan Williams," he said calmly. "Do you remember what happened last night?" Slowly I recollected the events of the night before. The plane ride, the cab driver, and... I shuddered to think about. After a few moments of silence, his gaze never leaving me, I nodded.
I started sobbing. I was so confused. Ethan hugged me again, trying to confort me. I stayed in his arms as he gently rubbed his hand up and down my back. I looked over. He was gazing at me with a passion I'd never seen before, and kissed me. I let him.
© Copyright 2007 MyAbandonSoul (myabandonsoul at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1306325-Chapter-1-Home-Sweet-Home