*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1306912-WeatherPhone
by Shea
Rated: 18+ · Poetry · Other · #1306912
weather - one sided phone convo- weather- two sided phone convo- weather
Three strikes have come since the last commercial. Following crashes pound on my heart. I don't jump. My heart is used to the crash and burn. The consistent beating against the window and pavement give my heart excuse to feel anxiety and keep it from passing through my numb body. As the drops come faster my heart chases the rhythm. The drops, though, mean nothing to me. The lightening means nothing to me. And the crashes...mean nothing.
Yellow? Just dandy. Work. Again? I hate you for that! No, I didn't go today either.
The strikes now cause a jump in me as my mind balances three tasks, yet prefers and tries to ignore all three at the same time. The drops start to settle while the crashes intensify. Now the confusion sets my heart to an irregular beat.
I seriously don't care anymore, isn't that awful?
Not if you are happy.
I really want to drive to McDonalds right now.
I don't know why you eve ask me to talk you out of it; you know I am going to tell you to go.
Ok! Well talk to me on the way.
The drops would feel great right now. I could just walk out and let them beat their rhythm. My heart may follow again, it may not - I don't care. They could just take over. Their world seems one of escape. Sick no longer matters. As soon as they hit me, they would absorb me- all of me, until


3-28-07
© Copyright 2007 Shea (sheacie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1306912-WeatherPhone