*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1306984-The-Lie-I-Love-You
Rated: 13+ · Prose · Drama · #1306984
It was a lie, a beautiful lie that would never become the truth.
“I love you.”

It was a lie, a beautiful lie that would never become truth.

“I love you.” Such simple words that could touch someone’s heart. She wanted to be a part of it. She wanted to love and to be loved but she never would, never could. Her purpose in life, unlike other girls, was not to find love but rather to protect and serve. There was no room for love in her life. Yet still, he speaks these wonderful words to her, words that weren’t meant for someone like her.

A killer.
A worrier.
Lover was not a word that would ever describe her.

Deep brown eyes look down, panic rushing in them as they see the unchanged expression on her face. It hurt, to be the reason the panic came rushing. It hurt, to be the one to break his heart.

Desprate words, “please.” A plea that will not be answered.
She turns, the horizon, beautiful colors showing the dawn. Pink, yellow, blue, red all mixed together. The grass at her feet, the tree’s branch scratching her, making her bleed as revenge for hurting one of his children.

“No.” She says, “Never.” In reply to the desperate plea for her to return his love. Steps forward, don’t turn back look on to the future, things better, more important than love. Don’t let him know you love him, or else he’ll use it against you.

“Please!” He calls out; hands reaching twaords her but she continues on repeating her words.

“No. Never. We will never be together after the sun rises.” And she breaks out into a run, ingoring his screams.

“WHY?!”

She pauses. Why? How could she explain to him what she is, what she will always will be. A killer.

For them.
A killer, a hunter of the night.
Pick them off one by one.
An animal with powers that were never hers in the first place.
A worrier. A being with a higher purpose.
Not entirely human.
Not a lover.
But most importantly; not his.
Never his.
But she wants to be.
© Copyright 2007 MalfoyGirl (serenitymalfoy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1306984-The-Lie-I-Love-You