*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1307697-My-Home
by LAM47
Rated: E · Other · Inspirational · #1307697
This is a descriptive paragraph I wrote for my creative writing class at camp.
You walk through the doors and the scent of chlorine fills your lungs. The water is smooth as a pane of glass, reflecting the blue and red stripes on the white brick wall. Above the last lane hangs the records board, bold and proud. A pang of pride shoot through you as you spot your name surrounded by your teammates and coaches. The tile crosses under the waterand the plastic lanelines remind you of your earlier years, when so much of your time was spent slamming into them. As you follow the triangular flags to the far wall, your eyes stray to the painted bulldog on the wall. You lose yourself in the eyes of your school's mascot and forget where your feet stand until you feel a hand on your shoulder. You turn to see your coach smiling back at you. She opens her mouth to ask you the three words you've heard so often before meets and practices.
"Are you ready?"
© Copyright 2007 LAM47 (swimgurl47 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1307697-My-Home