*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1308325-How-Great-is-Our-God
Rated: ASR · Non-fiction · Spiritual · #1308325
Songs tend to trigger emotion.

I'm a member of a small, but growing non-denominational church. There's a song we sing - How Great is Our God. Almost without fail I sing this song with tears in my eyes and often spilling down my face. I often start the song thinking, "Oh no, this is the one. This time I'll just sing. Why does it always get me?"

I don't really know. I'm wondering if the power of God is brought to me or to my attention through the song and I fall to my knees before Him. Not literally but in spirit. I am too caught up in the moment to wonder while I'm singing. I may think about it next time. I always think that. But maybe I will.

The greatness of God is overwhelming and comforting at the same time. The awesome power and strength should be frightening. I guess it is, but that isn't the outstanding emotion or impression. I don't get the idea of being one of millions or billions of microbial beings that are washed away with a spray of antiseptic at the whim of a wrathful God. Rather I'm awed by the power, force and unimaginable magnitude of light, right, love and goodness contained within an unfathomable being. Not just a being that created all but that through his decision to experience humanity personally through Jesus, wept at loss and inevitability, grieved at pain and suffering and held the fragile tenderness of little children on his knee. How Great is Our God!
© Copyright 2007 Treefrogz (treefrogz at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1308325-How-Great-is-Our-God