*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1309841-Defiance-of-Death-Prolouge
Rated: 13+ · Novel · Death · #1309841
Nicole dies and sent to Spirit work camp, unfortunately theres corruption in the system.
"How the hell did I end up like this!?"

The answer to this question was an easy one. It would of been far more proper to ask "Why" rather then "how" but to be completely honest I didn't really give a good flying fuck about being proper at the moment. The fact of the matter was I was a floating lifeless protoplasmic entity. In short....i was dead.

To think that I, Nicole Channo, would end up in a situation like this. I was just an average teenage girl, with average brown hair and eyes who wore an average wardrobe and lived an average life. Everything about the day i had died was average, saving the fact it was my 16th birthday and then out of no where that....well I'm getting ahead of myself.

Ok maybe 'average' isn't exactly the word. Not only was I a tom-boy...oh no. I was what you could easily call a nerd. Role-play games, anime, manga, chess...the works. I was particularly addicted to Anime, as was my boyfriend Jamin. Like typical teenagers we could talk on the phone for hours. Unlike most however it would more often then not be about a Role-play forum were in or that weeks episode of Naruto rather then what movies were showing that weekend.

That and i wrote for the fun of it. Yeah i know...a sin to most teen girls. Fan fiction was my thing, though i had a nasty of habit of never finishing anything. NOW I'LL NEVER HAVE THE CHANCE TO FINISH THEM! My regret is one of the most painful feelings i have right now. Damn my short attention span...Damn my inconsistency...damn that stupid ass driver....blaming things for my incomplete life isn't getting me anywhere so I'll bring it to a stop right there.

Fine i was far from anything you would call 'average' but I was no childhood prodigy either. Yes I *was* more intellectual then most at my school...but when there are seniors who don't know what the word 'incompetent' means well that doesn't really feel like much of an accomplishment. I guess what i mean to say was i was a typical teenager with no special qualities...never went around saving people...you know just lived the typical life of sitting in front of my computer talking to my friends.

But you don't want to hear about my life or dreams or my long winded rants that all my friends suffer through about how Jamin seems to be the only boy in Williamsport high school with any creative thought that wasn't perverted and that it proved that we were perfect together. No the story of a not so average, typical tomboy teenage girl with short brown hair and black brown eyes with a very 'unique' wardrobe wouldn't interest anyone.

The story of her death and afterlife however....

is a whole other topic.
© Copyright 2007 Nicle Channo (nicolechanno at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1309841-Defiance-of-Death-Prolouge