*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1310270-The-prolouge-to-Isabels-Life
Rated: · Other · Other · #1310270
The prolouge to my novella, about a woman in search of her birthfather.
PROLOUGE-October 2006

Isabel “Izzy” Davis hastily parked her sleek Mercedes-Benz, and grabbed her brand new, expensive luggage- heading towards the Syracuse, NY airport. Her mind was filled with bitter thoughts, which mirrored the whipping October wind blowing outside. She wasn’t even exactly sure why she was leaving her mansion in upstate NY, to go see her birthfather in Seattle.

James had never been a dad to her, or even one of those cold, distant fathers that supposedly explain away all one’s psychological problems. Izzy was 22 years old, and she was nearly positive that if he had wanted to see her, he would have already. She had sent a letter without receiving any reply, yet something inside her said to pursue a friendship with this man.

An hour and a half later, Izzy was still lost in thought as the 11:00 pm flight took off into the dark sky. I hate James for never being there for me, were the last thoughts of this young woman before succumbing to a sleep that was uncomfortable, even in her spacious place in first class.

The cabin intercom awoke Izzy with a start! They were in Seattle, already? Suddenly a panic overcame here, and she didn’t feel ready to find the address of this man who had deserted her and her mother. Thoughts rewound back to the beginning of the year…
© Copyright 2007 Jasmine Renee (jasminerenee at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1310270-The-prolouge-to-Isabels-Life