*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1310889-Better-World
by Carla
Rated: E · Prose · Inspirational · #1310889
Roughly one paragraph, and it's about making a positive difference in the world.
Let’s work to improve our world. Little by little, with increasing awareness and caring, we can make a difference. We don’t have to be perfect and try to go after everything, because there’s so much in this world that needs to be done. But let’s keep eyes, ears, hearts, and minds open to the small things we can do in our daily lives that can help people or animals or the earth. At Oatland Island, a wildlife sanctuary and rehabilitation center, I saw a woman in a loose-fitting black t-shirt that said on the back, “I MAKE A DIFFERENCE” in big, bold, capital letters. At first I thought, well, that’s being a little presumptuous. But after thinking about it a bit, I was impressed. I’m sure she really does make a difference, and she’s sure of it, too. If we were all sure of it, I’d be willing to bet we’d have a better world. We don’t all have to work at Oatland or find a cure for AIDs or feed the hungry or see to it that environmental laws are adequately enforced.  But we can all do something. And we can all take advantage of the many small opportunities to help that will always occur during the days, weeks, months and years of our brief stay on this planet.
© Copyright 2007 Carla (carla-star at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1310889-Better-World