*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1311141-The-New-Chapter
Rated: · Non-fiction · Biographical · #1311141
4 years ago, you will see how I adapted.
It was the summer of 2003. My family and I just arrived in Seattle. I was somewhat miserable, but I knew good things are to come with a new beginning, another chapter in my life.

Many of us started at the bottom. We had nothing compared to those at the top, but I had an advantage: I was somewhat fluent in English.  I can talk, and understand, and convey my true feelings.

But to tell your feelings, one must show it and speak it. I could not. I was shy and timid and I paid the price. From the moment I went to school, the classmates trounced me. Laughing and yelling were the elements to the massacre. It did not help that I was failing myself too. For once, I felt alone and hollow, and I still thought, did I make the right choice by moving here?

As time went on, so did my worries. I began to train myself. I became bolder, braver. I began to adapt and I feel I am not a outsider. To top it all of, I made friends. I could not be happier.

Even after four years, I still thought about if it was the right choice moving. I understood many things in the USA and I would agree that those would not have happened if we stayed back home.

It has only been four years, but I can say that this chapter of my life has finally gotten to a right start.
© Copyright 2007 musicislife (iluv2read at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1311141-The-New-Chapter