*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1311683-Jellies-or-Houses
Rated: E · Short Story · Contest · #1311683
Three pigs argue over jelly beans.
"But I want the blue ones!"

"Herman, you always get the blue jellies. Let Louie have them this time."

Herman's snout was out of joint, but his brother didn't care. It was tough being the oldest of the three pigs. Louie never spoke up for himself, and Herman had always been the spoiled baby, ever since they got out of the pen.

"Louie doesn't even like the blue ones." Herman whined.

"I never tried the blues. The black jelly beans are too bitter, the yellow beans too tart.  The white ones are…boring." Louie's voice ground to a halt.

The three pigs had been arguing so loudly they were disturbing the workmen building their houses.  Chester thought about dividing the beans equally three ways.

"Louie, you can have all the green ones. How about that then? There, that settles it." Herman reached out to grab a handful of blue and orange jelly beans.

Chester was about to object when Louie jumped to his feet. "You think just because you are bigger than me you have it your way. I don't want the blue ones now. In fact, I don't think you should have them either! So there!" And with a swish of his arm Louie sent all the jelly beans flying.

Herman clenched his fists, but Chester had had enough. "I have a better idea," he stepped in between his brothers. "Let's decide who gets which house. Flip the black/white disc. Black is Louie, White is Herman." He should have thought of the disc sooner. It was their family tradition to settle all arguments. He tossed the disc into the air, and it landed white side up.

Herman smiled. "I get the straw house!"

Louie grinned. "Good, I wanted the sticks house!"

"But the brick house is so….ugly," Chester sighed.
© Copyright 2007 MarieAntoniaParsons (parsonsmarie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1311683-Jellies-or-Houses