*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1311739-See
Rated: E · Script/Play · Spiritual · #1311739
Short sketch of what may have happened as Jesus' disciples talked that first Easter.
See?
Cast
Mary
Another Mary
A Disciple
Another Disciple
Angel (offstage) – could be same voice as Jesus
Jesus (offstage) – could be same voice as the Angel

Scene:  2 Disciples are standing at the front of the worship space when the Mary’s come down the center aisle and engage them with the dialog.

Mary (with enthusiasm): Hey!  Did you see it?

A Disciple: See what?

Another Mary:  You know, what happened this morning.

A Disciple: What happened this morning?

Another Mary:  You didn’t see it?

Another Disciple:  How do we know we didn’t see it if we don’t know what it was?

Mary:  Oh, I’m sorry.  Maybe we should be more clear.

Another Disciple:  Yes, maybe you should.

Another Mary:  OK, it happened like this.  Mary and I were heading to the tomb to see Jesus.

Mary:  When we got there, something didn’t seem quite right.  There weren’t any guards.

A Disciple: No guards?

Mary:  No guards.

Another Mary:  But that wasn’t the strangest thing.  The rock in front of the tomb was rolled out of the way.

A Disciple: Rolled away? 

Another Disciple:  By whom?

Mary:  We think it was the angel sitting on it when we got there and he spoke to us.

Angel (from offstage):  "Do not be afraid, for I know that you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified.  He is not here; he has risen, just as he said. Come and see the place where he lay.  Then go quickly and tell his disciples: `He has risen from the dead and is going ahead of you into Galilee. There you will see him.' Now I have told you."

A Disciple: There was an angel sitting on the stone and he talked to you?  This is too much! 

Another Disciple:  Is this what we were supposed to see?  Because we didn’t see it.

Another Mary:  What you were supposed to see is what we didn’t see.

Another Disciple:  We should’ve seen what you didn’t see?

Another Mary:  Exactly.  You see, Jesus wasn’t in the tomb anymore.  He is what we didn’t see.

Mary:  But, then we saw Him.  He met us on the road and said.

Jesus (from offstage):  "Greetings.  Do not be afraid. Go and tell my brothers to go to Galilee; there they will see me."

Mary:  So, here we are.  Let’s go see Him.

Everyone walk out side door.
©2001 David S. Hall
© Copyright 2007 David S. Hall (allrevedup at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1311739-See