*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1312234-Bottle-Washers--Delight
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Short Story · Cultural · #1312234
Making Life "Worth Living" when no one cares if you live or die.
Making a buck every day isn't the only thing but it is important to justify the blustery
attitude of those who have nothing to do.

On the whole, Jim liked his life but occasionally no one noticed him. He worked at Coca Cola and really had the most important job. His job was to wash the wax off the bottle necks of recycled glass being printed for re delivery.

Jim realized early in his hourly career that if he focused on a spot in front of him and did the same thing over and over again the day seemed to go quickly.


Jim didn't expect much. After work he'd go accross the street and eat at a good cafe. A cup of coffee and a dounut with a good meal too made the day.

Upon going home, he would kiss his wife, ask what was new and say hi to his kids. He was watching the news when his son asked him to help with some math homework. Fortunately it was simple math.

He enjoyed an ice cold Coke instead of a beer and had a happier life for it.

"Good night dear, "

" Good night sweetheart," turning off the light he awaited the coming day.

© Copyright 2007 boxbell (boxbell at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1312234-Bottle-Washers--Delight