*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1313736-I-just-did-my-job
by sockie
Rated: ASR · Short Story · Comedy · #1313736
short story for Writer's Cramp 1 sept prompt
“Hey! I am just the camera guy. Don't get mad at me!”

That is all I can remember of the last minutes before I hit the ground. She hit me and it hurts.

Okay, I'll tell you what had happened. A family member of this celebrity called me two weeks ago to keep this day open in my agenda. I had to take photo's of a party and that is all I actually needed to know. I did what they asked me to do, and got a thousand dollars for it.

I came at the house around six. A lady was waiting for me and showed me the area where the party would be given. I saw massive banners telling: “Happy 40th Amanda!” Everything was decorated with flowers. I set up my camera and waited. In the mean time all the people known and wannabe knowns in the wonderful world of celebs arrived.

“Sssshhhhtttt! Amanda is here”

Everyone stood there, silently as the lights turned out. I heard the door open. All of a sudden the crowd started to yell: “Surprise!” followed by a Happy Birthday song.

All I did was taking pictures.

Amanda was stunned. Her face turned red. I took a step back as Amanda passed me by and walked towards her sister.

“Fourty?” she hissed. “I AM THIRTY SIX!”

Again I shot a few photo's. And the crowd fell silent.

Then she took a swing at me and I did not see it coming.

“Hey! I am just the camera guy. Don't get mad at me!”

That is all I can remember of the last minutes before I hit the ground.

She hit me... and it hurts.

(280 words)

© Copyright 2007 sockie (sockknitter at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1313736-I-just-did-my-job