*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1314891-Screamin-Balloons
Rated: E · Short Story · Children's · #1314891
A little boy playing at the park with some balloons that make a lot of noise.
Sitting at the park, Justin asked his mom if he could play with the surprise she had bought at the store earlier that day. Justin knew they were balloons, but didn’t realize they were a special kind of balloon. These balloons were called screamin’ balloons.
Justin looked at the package and asked, “How do they work?”
His mom said, “Let’s open the package and see.”
Justin opened the package and out fell a short straw. He picked it up and rolled it around in his hand a few times and blew through the end of it. Next, Justin pulled out a balloon. It was blue in color with yellow and green stripes down one side. The balloon was about ten inches in length.
Justin asked his mom, “Should I put the straw in the balloon and try to blow it up?”
His mom said’ “Yes, give it a try. It may be hard at first, but keep trying. You will probably have to blow really hard.”
Justin’s reply was “OK”.
He inserted the straw in the open end of the balloon and began to blow. The balloon expanded a little bit. Justin tried again. Still, the balloon only blew up a little bit. Getting a little bit discouraged, Justin looked at his mom and took a huge breath and tried again. Justin blew so hard that his face began to turn red. He blew and blew and finally the bottom of the balloon began to get bigger and bigger. He took another deep breath and blew again. The balloon was expanding and growing longer and longer. Finally, Justin just couldn’t blow any more. The balloon was almost as tall as Justin. He pulled the straw out of the balloon while pinching the end of the balloon.
He gave the straw to his mom and said, “What do I do next?”
His mom said, “Hold the balloon out in front of you and let it go.”
Justin did just that. When he let it go, it started making a loud sound. I almost sounded like a scream.
“SCREEEEEECH!” Went the balloon as it soared through the air. Up and down it went.
“SCREEEEEECH!” Until it was all out of air and fell to the ground.
Justin ran after the balloon and picked it up.
He asked his mom, “Can I try it again?”
“Of course you can!” replied his mom.

© Copyright 2007 adamsdd1 (adamsdd1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1314891-Screamin-Balloons