*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1315001-Shadows-of-evil--Chapter-2
Rated: E · Chapter · Fantasy · #1315001
A journey into the wilderness, the promise of battle, chaos, and evil at it's worst.
Note: Please read the beggining of the book before chapter 2:
http://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1314648

Thoder and Dathrek Tethriil, the two dwarves, walked silently through the waking city of Eshuston, carelessly shoving citizens out of their way. Their provisions had been bought the night before, but to Dathreks dismay, his older, more battle-hardened brother hadn't let him buy beer.

"A drunken dwarf makes for a terrible fighter," he had said. The disgrace of it! How can a dwarf go through a day without the heavenly stuff, and we're out for an entire week, thought Dathrek rebeliously. This was his first real job; he was only 106 years old, and already it was going terribly.

The Tethriil clan had always been outcasts after the third dwarven civil war 1617 years back, and now they lived scattered around Eshuston, offering their services partly as blacksmiths, but mostly as mercenaries. The Tethriils had always been mercenaries, even before the war, and now their new residence made the job much easier.

The two brothers marched on through cobbled streets littered with horse leavings. The shops and markets were just opening, and citizens were waking and readying for another day in the huge city.

Close by, the small, two and a half foot halfing figure of Blezae crept carefully after them, eager to begin the journey to Esaed-t'i'ra-nor to retrieve the statuette and collect her reward; 5,000 gold pieces would easily settle the debts she owed her guild, and leave her with more then a pretty penny.

Increasing her pace to keep up with the two brothers, she buried herself in thoughts of riches, gold, and financial security; which she had been striving for all her life. Born to a poor mother who had died of sickness seven years after her birth, she was Taken in by the local thieve's guild, and learned to live on the streets, making the most of any situation no matter how bad.

Absorbed as she was, Blezae almost didn't notice as an extravagantly dressed merchant strutted by. Snapping back to the present, she slipped her slender hand into his pocket, and seemingly without effort drew out the man's fat purse, smiling to herself. Covering her small, brown-haired head with an equally small hood, she hurried on after the dwarves dodging around the growing crowd in the streets

ten minutes later, all five adventurers were gathered at the huge northern city gate, ready to leave.
Countless battles, endless adventure and terrifying revelations faced them as they fearlessly walked out of the safety of Eshuston and onto the old, beaten path which led north, to Esaed-t'i'ra-nor. To their destinies.

To be continued

Chapter three at http://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1329011
© Copyright 2007 şђάđe (shaded at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1315001-Shadows-of-evil--Chapter-2