*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1315238-A-Minute-of-Faliure
Rated: E · Short Story · Death · #1315238
This itedm is about a girl who get hugly dissapointed in a bad way. Very good!
A Minute of Failure

She was so scared when the teacher called on her. She always studied but she never got good grades. Her parents were on the verge of divorce. She was afraid to tell anyone her secret. She didn’t have any friends or even someone who acted like a friend. But what she did always tell people was that school was like her home. Her safe place, she was afraid to go home. For that very reason, she loved school. She wanted to stay at school forever. Her teachers saw that there was a problem, but said absolutely nothing. Everyone always thought she was nerdy or weird or something like that. She couldn’t stand to be made fun of, I guess it just wasn’t her, I don’t know? After that had happened everyone felt bad for her because of what happened and because of the way they treated her beforehand. She was a great girl but none of us knew what to do. We never took a minute of our time to recognize her as one of us or even a person. Now everyone was literally scared of her. They didn’t know if she was going to go completely ballistic or what. One of our nicest teachers took her in; well I guess she kind of adopted her. After that she did great in school. An A student constantly. She completely turned her act around. She said that her new “mom” was the best. She loved going home now but still, school was her favorite. Her mom wasn’t on her that bad, even as a teacher but she did help her as much as possible. She was completely committed to school. She was afraid though. After it happened, people referred to it as her “minute of failure,” instead of her “hour of need.” I don’t quite understand that though because it wasn’t her fault. I mean she didn’t make her dad kill her mom and then himself. OPPS! I wasn’t supposed to say that. I have to go before she hears me. I don’t want to disappoint my daughter…like her last parents did.
© Copyright 2007 brookiechic (brookiechic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1315238-A-Minute-of-Faliure