*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1315302-The-Color-Of-Your-Eyes
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Relationship · #1315302
Payne, a mute for seventeen years, says his first words. Ever.
  Polar opposites always attract. Allen, the cute, bronzed, and blonde Thief King. Blue eyes, a puppy-dog demeanor, and quite the talkative one when he got started. Tall, toned, and favoring the color red.
  Payne, the icy, pale skinned, black haired heir to the throne. Black eyes (which Allen was delighted to know lightened in… certain circumstances), a constant cold shoulderer, and silent. Tall, thin, and a preference to the color black. 

  Payne was sitting on the couch in a perfect 'hug me' pose, as Allen would call it. One knee curled up to his chest, one elbow resting on it, that hand holding his head, and the other arm slung over the back of the couch. Staring at nothing with an uncalled for intensity. His tight, striped, long sleeved t-shirt clung tightly to his body, showing slightly more of his abdomen than usual because of his posture. His jeans hung loose on his hips. However, as Allen knew, a hug would not be permitted. Payne was not a fan of affectionate embraces.
  Allen took in Payne completely, sliding down his body, than back up more  slowly. The corner of Payne’s mouth twitched in amusement. Allen looked away, resting his head against the back of the couch. His tan cargo pants clung loosely to his legs, dusty with sand, as was his bright red cloak. The cloak was halfway off, still on his arms but not tied shut, revealing a tight black tank top.
  Payne shifted, and Allen’s gaze returned to the other boy.
  He scooted closer, wanting a response, more than the twitches he got down in the dining hall. He wanted a word. Payne looked over at him, the amusement still obvious in his smug glance. Allen hesitated a moment, then pulled Payne on to his lap. Payne shifted in slight discomfort. He was used to Allen’s complete randomosity, but this was a bit much.
  Allen blushed, then pressed his lips against Payne’s, and both fell right into the kiss without hesitation. Allen maneuvered to pin Payne gently against the couch, holding him onto his lap. Payne reached up to touch the side of his face, an oddly affectionate gesture for him. And then, even more surprising, he moved the other one to rest it on Allen’s hip, pulling himself up to delve deeper.
  The blonde pulled away to catch his breath. Payne made a quiet noise, his eyes looking disappointed. And blue. Allen’s breath caught in his throat—his eyes were actually blue? “Khh…” His thought was cut off as Payne slipped his hand into his back pocket and arched his back somewhat, pushing his hips into Allen’s roughly. “Th-that’s not exactly what I was thinking of- kyah!”
  Payne quirked one eyebrow slightly, happy with the reaction he got from pressing only slightly harder. He pet the side of Allen’s face gently.
  “Okay, maybe I did a little bit but it was only for a second… nnh, Payne, seriously, st-stop.”
  Aw, Allen was sensitive. Payne almost laughed. Almost. But he just continued to give his all too familiar look. That light touch of seduction, a twist of amusement, a base of nothingness. He was surprised Allen hadn’t tried anything before this. In a rare show of obedience (only for Allen), he lowered his hips, kissing him again.
  Then, he slid away, slipping under Allen’s arms and standing up.
  He tilted his head toward the bedroom.

  “Ah… Allen!” Payne gasped as both fell into a tangle of limbs on the mattress. Naked, sweaty, ah. The author digresses.
  Allen sat up abruptly, staring at Payne. “S-say it again.”
  Payne’s eyes, now ice-blue, faltered slightly, the evident confidence fading somewhat. His head twitched to the side slowly. He hadn’t meant to say anything but… Well, in that kind of situation some of your boundaries fall apart.
  “No? Why?” Allen frowned, still blushing. “You said my name…” His smile returned as he rested his head on Payne’s bare chest, nuzzling pale skin. “And your eyes are blue. Really blue. I always saw traces of it, but I never knew they could get that light.” He brushed his thumb across Payne’s cheek, watching the other boy’s eyes with his sparkling green orbs.
  “Only for you.” Payne allowed himself to stretch his restraints again, heartstrings tugged by the momentary frown. He gestured vaguely toward his eyes.
  “Really? What about speaking? I like your voice…” Allen had indeed leaned closer as Payne spoke again.
  Payne held up one finger, then four, then four again.
  “One-forty-four?” Allen tilted his head. He got oh-so bored of interpreting Payne's vague sign language.
  Payne shook his. One, four, slash, four, fist, two.
  “One word every forty-eight minutes?” Allen asked hopefully.
  No.
  “Hours, then?” Allen frowned. “Fine. It’s better than nothing…”
  Damn right. Payne nodded, pulling Allen closer to himself and pressing his nose into the blonde’s neck. “Cutie.”
  “Damn right.” Allen snuggled against him, wriggling. Payne smiled.
  “Everything I do is only for you…” He whispered as Allen’s eyes closed in half-sleep. Payne knew he wouldn't hear, and that's the way he wanted it.
© Copyright 2007 Crook the Discordant (cshinigami at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1315302-The-Color-Of-Your-Eyes