*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1315338-My-Life-My-Love-My-Truck
Rated: 13+ · Essay · Experience · #1315338
About me and my truck
My 1995 Ford Ranger is my pride and joy in life. It is baby blue like so many other Rangers, but mine has a multicolor stripe on the side of the body that sets it apart from all other trucks, not to mention my Spongebob Squarepants and Scooby Doo accessories that define its interior. The truck was a hand-me-down from my mother, minus the interior decorations, which I bought later. Had I bought my own vehicle, I probably would have purchased something else, but you can’t beat free stuff, so I took it and instantly fell in love with it. I have had so many adventures and memorable moments in my truck that make it priceless to me, and I would never sell it no matter what. We really have been through a lot between the accidents and the tickets, and from the mud bogging to my very first kiss.

It didn’t even take a week after receiving my truck before we were already having our first adventure. Even though I was only fifteen when I got my truck, I started taking it out on the town immediately. I would take my truck around the town while my parents were at work and steal the antenna balls of other cars with my best friend, Peter. For three weeks everything was going according to plan, and we managed to escape narrowly a couple of times. Once my mom actually beat us home, but she didn’t even notice my truck missing, and another time I lost the key for about an hour before I found it in a little pocket I didn’t know existed. But, like all good things it had to come to an end, and it did when my mom came home early one day and saw me driving down our road. It would be five months before I drove again.

Well two months after getting my driver’s license, I was leaving school and there was a car blocking me in. Of course I think to myself, you can’t damage a Danger Ranger bumper, so I backed right into the car and drove off. Things were okay until two hours later when the police arrived at my door and handed me two tickets and took my drivers license. To make matters worse, the car turned out to belong to a really fine girl in my homeroom. I ended up only having to pay for the damages to the car and the judge let me off with a warning. I really loved being a juvenile as opposed to an adult.

What happened next with me and my truck was the greatest feeling I have ever experienced. I was visiting a friend whom I loved very much. Unfortunately, while we were talking on the swing in her backyard my parents called her parents and said I needed to come home. She escorted me to my truck and while I was sitting in my front seat, she surprised me with my first real kiss. The whole world stopped when she kissed me. I figured that’s the way heaven must feel.

There are many more exciting times that I experienced with my truck, but I just don’t have time to discuss them all. These might not seem like good times to some people, but these experiences have come to define the person that I am today. Everyone associates that truck with me, and tell me it looks weird when they see me driving other vehicles. My truck means a lot to me, and I even hope that one day, my children will learn how to drive a stick in my truck.
© Copyright 2007 jamesatgsu (jrivers2 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1315338-My-Life-My-Love-My-Truck