*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1315480-Haleys-Cooking
Rated: · Other · Community · #1315480
Humor and terror mingle together in this half true story.
The aroma was more than making my mouth water, it was heavenly, perfect.  No one knew about Haley's Kitchen, except for Twilite, the town crazy girl and all around nut.  She preferred this secret kept to herself because no one else knew what evil lurked in her dark heart.
Every evening Twilite would slip into town, walking silently, breathing softly, careful and full of a whole new brand of terror.  The kind that Haley sought to cook up in his kitchen and hide from the town, until it was time that is.
Haley's kitchen was at the back of the train station in an old whitewashed shack.  The only other room was the reading room.  This is where Twilite hid, and watched.  She learned the darkness was her friend and she wished to punish the town, like Haley did.  Only her reasons were justice his were grief.
Twilite's revenge was a joy she held, she would smile and sing plotting her day of reckoning.  Haley sobbed for he had lost the most important thing in his life, public service.  His was a peculiar feeling, having no joy only finality. 
The big day was actually set by the local women's club, unbeknown to them the bloodbath that was to come in their pretty new park, financed by hard earned tax dollars and thrown to the wind by the local transvestite mayor.
Haley, Twilite decided was no longer necessary so on the last night of a very hot August, Twilite shot him in the head as he cooked.  It was a very big mess to clean up, but by throwing everything on the train there was no trace left of him.
Twilite got the book she needed turned to page , at exactly 7:00pm  just as everyone had gathered, she shouted for their attention.  Town folk? I am the local crazy girl, tonight I want justice for your mistreatment of me!
They threw there heads back and laughed, spilling their liquor as they wildy gawked and hissed at her.  Twilite read the spell and they were silent, terrified, she' s a witch too?  Twilite spun around and pointed to the sky and the stars fell  and burned them all to death.
Twilite felt very calm and peaceful, she sat on the swing and waited for her lover, giggling.
© Copyright 2007 merry gold (bekay at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1315480-Haleys-Cooking