*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1315775-Book-Release-function
Rated: · Article · History · #1315775
A Family Tree Book is released on 18th August. Many dignitaries were present.
A UNIQUE BOOK RELEASED ON 18-08-2007 AT KANNADA SAHITYA PARISHAT, BANGALORE

Saturday, the 18th August 2007 was unique to all those who have eagle’s eye for the details on the track traced by their ancestors. Besides this literary extravagance, even the dignitaries who were present on the occasion were also unique in many ways.
The program commenced as scheduled with rendering of Invocation song by Mrs. Rathna Nagaraj. Lord Vigneshwara was prayed to ward off all the Vignas during the conduct of the program.
Dr. Govindaswamy, writer and theatre activist welcomed the guests and the gathering.
V. Ramamurthy, well-known theatre activist and international theatre lighting expert presided over the function.
Dr. Suryanatha Kamath, eminent historian of national repute, who released the book, declared release of the book on the family tree of AGILE VENKATASUBBAIAH and LAKSHMIDEVAMMA couple, who hail from the village by name AGILE from Hassan Taluk/District in Karnataka. He said that the book is unique in its own way as it narrates the hierarchy of the couple since 1700 AD in different formats besides giving real life stories of the eleven children of the couple from their birth to till date. Though the stories are of very common people and the things happened in their life were also very common, the narration is simple and straight. The language also takes the readers along from the opening page to the last with all the curiosity and eagerness. There are photos and caricatures adding additional attraction to the already attractive book. I am of the opinion that such documentation of the events in every one’s life is very essential. Further, such documentation would, some times lead to a bigger and greater prominence when we go in search of the life styles and cultural patterns of the bygone days. Almost all the people, who have contributed to the cause of the society, whether it is in the national level or international level, have had humble beginning and simple living. Their ordinary living style made them to understand the society and the heritage of their religion, state and the country from closer observations and format their future goal with perfection and consistency. A.V. Nagaraju who has edited and published the book has said that the life stories of each one of the siblings, including himself, of the couple have been written by themselves and he has only collected them and edited and published. Mathighatta Krishnamurthy, well-known folk litterateur has written the foreword and recommended the book to be published for the benefit of the public in general and historians in particular. The book is priced at Rs.100/- and consists 223 pages. I strongly second his observations.
While on the subject, Babu Krishnamurthy, the chief editor of Karmaveera, a Kannada weekly magazine, gave a brief account of how he could get a number of anecdotes when he went to various places in Maharastra in search of information on one of his projects, which although belong to small people, the stories were astounding.
Horeyala Doreswamy, well-known folklore expert and a writer appreciated the efforts of the AGILE FAMILY in recording the events that took place in the life of its members. He said that many folk tales have come into existence this way only. He said that though not in writing, for in those days printing was not there and writing on Thale Gari was exclusively practiced by few learned people, the tales were handed over from generation to generation through words of mouth. He regretted that though now printing is easily accessible, except some scholars and writers, common people seldom think of documenting the happening in their lives in print media. The efforts of A.V. Nagaraju are appreciable and emulative.
Reading and preservation of this book was recommended by all the dignitaries who were on the dais like Babu Krishnamurthy, Dr. Suryanatha Kamath, Horeyala Doreswamy, M.K. Umadevi and V. Ramamurthy alike.
M.K. Umadevi, writer, member of Kannada Lekhakiyara Balaga and also the daughter of Mathighatta Krishnamurthy gave an account of how Late Mathighatta Krishnamurthy enjoyed the manuscript of the book of Agile Family Family-tree and took keen interest in writing the foreword.
The dignitaries, Dr. Suryanatha Kamath, Horeyala Doreswamy, Babu Krishnamurthy, V. Ramamurthy and M.K. Umadevi were honoured on the occasion. The members of Agile Family who have attained the age of 75 years and above were also honoured at the hands of dignitaries.
A.V. Nagaraju rendered a vote of thanks and the program concluded.

The book was kept for sale with 50% discount on the occasion. It is also available for sale at:
AGILENAG BUSIPROCESS – A.V. Nagaraju, No. 44, 7th Main, 4th Block, BSK 3rd Stage, 2nd Phase, Bangalore 560 085 (Mob: 9845496459)

© Copyright 2007 Raghottama Koppar (rkoppar at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1315775-Book-Release-function