*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1315880-Self-portrait
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Friendship · #1315880
Describing me.
Come and watch as my good friend dips his brush into the paint of the English language and begins a picture. He starts with a simple outline, a few deft strokes that will be the foundation of the entire painting. He will add in a few features that will be clearly visible, and then details, small intricate details that one must search for to notice, but easy to spot if they are missing. Let us watch this master painter at work, let us begin.
A wise man once said, "A true friend is someone who knows everything about you, but and still loves you." True, some of us are probably more loveable than others, (by this I am implying myself), but we all have our faults. My friend believes that my biggest faults are that I correct people too much, and am too argumentative. I will argue on almost any subject. I only argue when I am sure that I am right, but it still gets on people's nerves. I correct everyone, (including myself) too much, because I am such a perfectionist. When I get things wrong, (or when other people do) It drives me crazy, and I will do anything and everything to make sure that other people do things the way that they should be done. The first one that anyone, if honest, would use to describe me would be blunt. I have opinions- strong opinions, and I am not afraid to share them. Sometimes I hurt people's feelings, because I am so honest, and tend to forget about their feelings. What might surprise people most about me, is that although I appear extremely confident, I have fairly low self esteem. Certainly not about my personality, but about my appearance (which I am never satisfied with), and my abilities. I think that that is quite sufficient on the bad, and now we must venture on towards the good, and the mediocre. As we delve further into this painting of myself, we come across words such as creative, enthusiastic, loving, friendly, and optomistic. I love people, and have absolutely no trouble finding a topic of conversation or something in common. However, I do have trouble focusing on one thing for a long period of time. ADD is quite common in people with my personality type, and when they, or should I say we, do focus on one thing, we tend to hyperfocus. Even as I type this, I birds chirping, my dog barking, my chair squeeking as I move, and a little ant crawling on the carpet beneath my feet (a little ant whos life just ended.) I have also been described as weird. I have no comment on this. My friend calls me fun and cute, although this point is debatable. Well there you have it, a masterpiece in it's truest, although probably not prettiest, form. I would like to thank all who participated in this great undertaking, especially the person who played the part of the best friend. Thank you and good day.
© Copyright 2007 Shattered dreams (iceecuddles at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1315880-Self-portrait