*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1316418-Give-Up
Rated: E · Monologue · Inspirational · #1316418
Sometimes you just get tired...give up.
GIVE UP


Life is a mixture of ups and downs. Sometimes it seems to make no sense to go on.  So I say...give up. 

From the time we are very young we are told, "You can do anything you want to if you try hard enough." This well-worn adage flies in the face of truth.  There are times when we give our all and still don't seem to prosper or achieve.  We forego peace of mind and rest, mulling over our problems and finding no promising solution.  So, I say again, give up.

We chase material wealth with hopes of securing some comfort and leisure in our lives before the final call is made; yet may only manage to survive and never thrive.
Go ahead, free yourself; just give up.

Giving up is really not so bad from a spiritual perspective.  It could be the best thing you've ever done.  You see, it's what you give up that matters.

Give up your worry concerning whatever troubling situation you're facing.  You know, the Serenity Prayer; accept what you can't change and have the courage to change what you can.  Hey, that stuff really works.

Give up your need to control the outcome and the means by which your desire will be achieved.  In other words, give up your will but keep the faith that God's will shall be done.


Go ahead. I dare ya'...give up.
© Copyright 2007 D.L. Robinson (jooker at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1316418-Give-Up